Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > How to teach verbs in a creative and fun way?    

How to teach verbs in a creative and fun way?

maggiejeria
Chile

How to teach verbs in a creative and fun way?

I was asked to teach students every single verb from the textbook that we use in the school. They already know most of them, but I can �t think of a creative or funny way to engage students with them. What can I do? Help me dear colleagues.

24 Sep 2012      

Allisa
Bulgaria

You can play "Simon says" or try a guessing game with miming.

24 Sep 2012     

Mariethe House
France

dear Maggie
I once created a minibook on 25 basic verbs with some activities. Maybe you can get some inspiration from it. Here is the link:
http://www.eslprintables.com/games_worksheets/pictionary/My_first_verbs_minibook_pict_574634/#thetop 

24 Sep 2012     

papadeli
Greece

1. Interactive flashcards

Greetings from Greece,

24 Sep 2012     

maggiejeria
Chile

Thank you very very much.

24 Sep 2012     

gerbera16
Mexico

Write your verbs in small cards and put them all in a bag, ask your students to make teams and ask them to give a name for their teams, after that one member of each team pass to the front and picks up one card from the bag, he has to do the mimic for the action he got and his team has to guess what�s the action if they don�t get it the first time, it�s the turn of other team, and soo on until everybody pass or your set of cards end.

24 Sep 2012     

maggiejeria
Chile

Muchas gracias, muy buenas actividades. Alissa, Papadeli, Mariethe, Gerbera: Thanks a lot, very nice activities.

24 Sep 2012