Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > Find grammar errors, if any...    

Find grammar errors, if any...

hieu_ngoc
Canada

Find grammar errors, if any...

Hi, I need help with these sentences. Each sentence contains three underlined words or phrases. Please indicate which of the underlined segments is incorrect (it might be fine the way it is...

1) Just follow the A)simplistic instructions on page one of B)the manual and your new computer C)will be ready to go! D-no error.

2) A)Although she works patiently B)and creatively, Joyce never gets frustrated by C)minor setbacks. D�No error.
 Thanks!

23 Oct 2012      

pilarmham
Spain

1. I �d definitely follow the manual.

2. Wilde, Oscar...  Embarrassed

23 Oct 2012     

hieu_ngoc
Canada

Can I have another opinion, pls? pilarmham �s answers are too ambiguous. Confused

23 Oct 2012     

yanogator
United States

I do believe Pilar was making a joke.

1.   A  (It should be "simple")

2.   D

Bruce

23 Oct 2012     

Apodo
Australia

Just follow the A)simplistic instructions on page one of B)the manual and your new computer C)will be ready to go! D-no error.
2) A)Although she works patiently B)and creatively, Joyce never???? gets frustrated by C)minor setbacks. D�No error.

1) Just follow the simple instructions on page one of the manual and your new computer will be ready to go! D-no error.

2 This sentence doesn �t sound right to me - Incorrect use of although ??? - eg:

Although she works patiently and creatively, Joyce is often frustrated by minor setbacks.

Although the work is tedious, Joyce never gets frustrated by minor setbacks.

Joyce works patiently and creatively and is never frustrated by minor setbacks.

24 Oct 2012