Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > claiming others ´ worksheets as one ´s own !!!!    

claiming others ´ worksheets as one ´s own !!!!

fatma tababi
Tunisia

claiming others ´ worksheets as one ´s own !!!!

I ´m sooooooooooo sad to see my own worksheet being claimed as someone else ´s... it ´s soooooooo shameful.. I´m not surprised Mr "Chouch"  has it because I keep providing my colleagues and inspector with most of my work.. But it is a shame to steal others´work and claim it as his !! the proof is the lesson plan format I´m providing, and the an other lesson plan with the same name of the school and the region where I live which he forgot to omit !! what a SHAME !!! I ´m mentioning his name and providing the link of the stolen sheethttp://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=671042#thetop  just to let him know that we ´re really Internet experts and we will never be "robbed" without knowing... Sorry dear colleagues.. I must say so because I felt sick at heart as plagiarism is the most horrible thing a teacher can do !!! :(

10 Nov 2012      

coyote.chus
Spain

Hi Fatma,
You can report the worksheet by clicking on the report button and providing the link to your worksheet.

10 Nov 2012     

Messdjef
Algeria

Maybe he does not mean claiming it as his own. There must be some misundestanding, because everybody knows (without beiing an expert) that any act of plagiarism will sooner or later be discovered.

I said "misunderstanding", because I myself posted here a colleague ´ s lesson plan which I got from another site (Physics48), an Algerian site for teachers, but I did not claim it as mine; otherwise I would have put in it my own signature / name, as I always do with my own contributions here and elswhere. Unfortunately, the moderator removed it as it was reported by someone here.

I think that what is made public and bear no name of the owner should not be reported as a stolen contribution or work.

So do not please accuse your colleague of plagiarism until you have got his own explanation about it.

10 Nov 2012     

fatma tababi
Tunisia

10 Nov 2012     

lua jzr
Tunisia

The same happened to me the other day. It ´s been eating me ever since. I ´ve simply reported the worksheet and I felt better right away. Don ´t let this get in your hair dear. Do what you have to do. Such things happen all the time but at least look on the bright side; we’re the go-to guys Wink

10 Nov 2012     

manonski (f)
Canada

@Messdjef, the rules are clear, you can only publish your own creations. 

If you published something that was not your own and it was reported, the member who reported it only applied the rule and did nothing wrong.

@fatma, if your work was stolen, just report it.

10 Nov 2012     

@mydesk
Albania

What ´s the point of this discussion??? It is downright...

Silly
Terrible
Undignified
Poisonous
Insane
Disgusting!

10 Nov 2012     

EstherLee76
Peru

It ´s the poltergeist!  She ´s BACK.........!

10 Nov 2012     

MoodyMoody
United States

Generally, if you do the work yourself and you avoid watermarked art, you ´ll be fine. If you want to be lazy and take shortcuts, use templates that other members submit. Those are approved for use. When you do get information from other places, attribute it. For example, in a ppt. on burns I did, I mentioned that I got the info from the Mayo Clinic. My paraphrasing was original, since Mayo Clinic English is too difficult for my students, but I wanted good tips and not just what I thought. I ´m not medically trained.

10 Nov 2012