Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Skills Circuits    

Skills Circuits

Jayho
Australia

Skills Circuits

Hi all

This fantabulous activity appears in a BBC British Council newsletter:

Skills circuits are a fun way to review language. They also provide a change to coursebook activities allowing learners to work together to recycle grammar or vocabulary and share knowledge. They require careful planning of both materials used in the circuit and attention to the timing of the activity itself.

Cheers

Jayho

2 Dec 2012      

anitarobi
Croatia

Thanks for sharing this, Jayho. I have tried something like this already and it works wonders, but it is true - it really has to be planned ahead well. Timing is everything in such an activity, and one has to be flexible to cut sth short if you see it should be or give more time for sth if necessary. This is why preparation is important. However, the effect is amazing!

2 Dec 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Thanks, Jayho, for mentioning it! I am subscribed to the site and their news letter, but it seems like there �s never enough time to explore what �s out there. However, every time you mention something on the forum, I actually follow it through and find it very useful.
Sophia

2 Dec 2012