Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning powerpoints > SIZE    

SIZE

jannabanna
France

SIZE

Isn �t there some way Victor could increase the maximum size of PPTs to upload?  I have several I can �t send (especially nice Christmas ones) because they are just over the limit and believe me, I �ve compressed as much as possible, and even take out pages, but to take out more would ruin the file completely.  With all the new animated gifs around, it �s a pity not to include them, isn �t it?  The children love them! 

Before you all start telling me what to do and how to improve my PPTs, don �t .... I know, it was just a suggestion and I would be very interested to know what others think. 

The restrictions don �t exist on other sharing sites and I recently uploaded a PPT of over 5 mo.

Janet

5 Dec 2012      

alex076
Italy

I agree!!! I am with you, Janet!
I have "big" PPTs as well, and really can �t upload them...pity!
Please, Victor, can you help us?
Alex.

5 Dec 2012     

florimago
Spain

I agree completely with you , all I could do is shorten my ppts and it worked but it �s a pity when you want to share the whole of them . Sometimes if you shorten , they won�t be the same anymore!!! please, Victor, give us a hand

5 Dec 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

In an ideal world, there wouldn �t be any limits and Janet, never mind the kids, I love animated gifs! That heathersanimations site is great. We do very well, though. Today I had a lesson observation by the deputy head and an inspector. I was teaching the past continuous tense. Dear colleagues, my resources were fabuloso!!! Thanks to all members for your generosity.  

5 Dec 2012     

lurdesilva
Portugal

I am with you, too! I also have several powerpoints that I can �t upload  due to their size, and sometimes  it �s just a bit difficult to find the time to resize them...

5 Dec 2012     

starrr
Brazil

You can just SPLIT them out in 3 or more files (part 1, part 2, part 3) like some members do sometimes. In this way this not bring any problem to the original file and you will earn more points if this is the case and if the file is huger than 2MB. ;-0) Good luck!

5 Dec 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Last year I used a free filesharing site to share my Christmas ppt (I posted a link on the forum) bc even if I had split it into parts, they wouldn �t have complied with the size limit (the ppt had three embedded song videos). I think hosting is pretty expensive and that �s one of the reasons for a size limit, moreover it would probably slow down the site considerably.
Sophia

5 Dec 2012     

jannabanna
France

@Sophia - I hadn �t thought of posting a link on the forum, I suppose I thought it wasn �t allowed, because I had already uploaded it to another filesharing site.  
@Starr - You �re right I could have split it up, but I have done this several times before and received so many messages from people who couldn �t put them back together again.  Pity because it is so easy!!

6 Dec 2012