Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Word of the Day Dec. 6th    

Word of the Day Dec. 6th

elderberrywine
Germany

Word of the Day Dec. 6th

I was declared winner of the WOD a couple of days ago.
Shame on me, I forgot about it for two days. But since lately there were not so many entries in this charming competition, maybe a break wasn �t such a bad thing.

But here we go again.
Today �s word is

pampiniform

Now up to you to find definitions for this word.
Remember:
We �re not interested in finding the real definition, but creative, interesting ones that MIGHT be true but might be crazy, too.

6 Dec 2012      

MoodyMoody
United States

Pampiniform: shaped like a diaper.

Pamp: from Pampers, a popular brand of American diapers for babies
Pin: a device used to hold diapers together
Form: shape

6 Dec 2012     

nurikzhan
Kazakhstan

it is a pumpkin shaped uniform.

6 Dec 2012     

Mar0919
Mexico

Italini formini to say diapirini for bambinis! LOL

6 Dec 2012     

douglas
United States

What Pam does in the snow when the restrooms are locked.  (Pam pee in "I" form) Shocked

7 Dec 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

It �s a proper noun. It �s the name iof a new chain of nurseries. They �ve taken the name of the uniform the babies have to wear- a pampiniform.  

7 Dec 2012     

MarionG
Netherlands

It �s what I �m about to do....I am flying to Holland to visit my my parents tomorrow. After a few gruelling weeks in shool I am totally exhausted both physically and mentally and now I am going to let myself be spoilt by my mom, feast on good cheese, wine, chocolates, sleep late..
...in short I am going to let myself be pampered until I �m back in shape = pampiniform

7 Dec 2012     

elderberrywine
Germany

any more ideas? 

7 Dec 2012     

elderberrywine
Germany

Pampiniform actually means:

convoluted and like a tendril �used of a venous plexus associated with the spermatic or ovarian veins

(get it? I don �t , really, too difficult)

I much prefer MarinG �s definition, maybe becaue I feel like being pampered a bit, too, but expect three children over Christmas who expect to be pampered back into shape ....

Up to you, Marion, to choose the next word !!

8 Dec 2012