Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > heelpp mee for my unit    

heelpp mee for my unit

_zeynep_
Turkey

heelpp mee for my unit

i have to prepare an unit for intermediate or upper intermediate learners.. the main theme of my unit is � believe it or not �.. but i dont want to use it for the name of my unit.. pleasee help me what can it be??? thanks a lot..

7 Jan 2013      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

What �s the unit about?

Sophia

7 Jan 2013     

yanogator
United States

How about "Could it be true?"?

Bruce

7 Jan 2013     

MoodyMoody
United States

I would LOVE to be able to teach a unit called "Believe It or Not!" (But I teach Low Beginning, and the material is too difficult for my students.)

The saying was made popular by Robert Ripley, who wrote/drew a comic strip mentioning many weird, almost unbelievable things people did or had. The strip (and Ripley himself) are long gone, but the company lives on. I loved reading the books when I was a little girl, and I still enjoy them today. I have also been to a couple of the "Odditoriums" (museums of freakish things) that the Ripley company shows; the only one in Europe is in Copenhagen which is a far way from Albania. Look at www.ripley.com for more information about the company, books, and attractions.

So find bizarre facts; they don �t have to be from Ripley. The Cracked website, www.cracked.com is another good place to look for odd facts, but the language is often very offensive. In fact the Cracked site just today had articles on "20 Mindblowing Then vs. Now Comparisons," carefully compiled and Photoshopped by the readers�but true�and "5 Insane �What If � Scenarios That Almost Changed Everything." The first article is a gold mine for work on the comparative, and all the pictures are safe for school. The second is excellent for the conditionals. The topics are a little USA-heavy and the language needs to be cleaned up for school, but well worth the read with nice historical tie-ins. And that �s just for January 7, 2013! The archives have many other strange facts, and the site is free.  

Maybe you know or have some strange things yourself. Make a list of 10 "facts"; 7 are true and 3 are lies; see if your students can tell the difference. Encourage your students to look for strange facts and cite sources properly. There �s really a lot you can do with this. I encourage you not to give up too easily.

7 Jan 2013