Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Anyone know of software that can convert text into penmenship practice format?    

Anyone know of software that can convert text into penmenship practice format?

dutchboydvh
Singapore

Anyone know of software that can convert text into penmenship practice format?

Hi Everyone.  I have a quick question. 
Is there software avaliable that can turn text into penmenship practice for students, which includes the dark line at the top and bottom of the text and the dashed line in the center?  I �ve looked through my Publisher and Word programs, but cannot find a way to convert text to this format.  I can of course make large print, in a very light grey that they can trace over, but i �m trying to make the point of consistency.
The bottom line is I �m  hoping to get the kids to practice their penmenship, while also reading a story.  Or at the very least try and come up with some more interesting things for them to write while practicing.  Any suggestions?  Thanks, Daryl

17 Jan 2013      

miss K.
Ukraine

1) You can buy a CD with such fonts  from fonts4teachers.  I use it and it �s really cool!

2) Go to DLTK-kids.com. the theri alphabuddies section they have an array of useful materials. Also they have several sister sites (look at dltk home page) and one of these offers making ws you talk about on line and then print ou.

3)Try googling for free fonts and looking up there.

17 Jan 2013     

aasott
United Kingdom

www.senteacher.org and go to the literacy part.

17 Jan 2013     

Jayho
Australia

Maybe this:  http://www.worksheetworks.com/english/writing/handwriting/handwriting-cursive-trace.html ?

I copied and pasted your text into it and it converted it to this:  

17 Jan 2013     

johanne23232
Israel

Jayho, what a great site!! thanks !

17 Jan 2013     

edrodmedina
United States

Try this site for free fonts you might be able to use. Ed

17 Jan 2013     

MarionG
Netherlands

Jayho and Ed, thanks!! both sites are great!

17 Jan 2013     

dutchboydvh
Singapore

Thanks everyone! 
After asking last night i found this online site, but it �s a limited to one paragraph at a time. 

It works, but your sites are much more effective!
Thanks again!

-Dar

17 Jan 2013