Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning powerpoints > Could we please increase the size limit on Powerpoints!!    

Could we please increase the size limit on Powerpoints!!

MrDanny
Thailand

Could we please increase the size limit on Powerpoints!!

2 mb is not enough space for interactive Powerpoints. Perhaps we could include them in the whiteboard section.

18 Jan 2013      

marie.marron
Spain

I absolutely agree with this. It �s very annoying when you have to divide your ppt in order to contribute, or when you download it, and there are 5 parts, and you miss one and you cannot find it afterwards. 
So I second the proposal :)

19 Jan 2013     

Peter Hardy
Australia

Many PPT �s are too big because people forget to compress the pictures.  Very simple to do. Double click on a picture and the toolbar should pop up (somewhere, depending on the version of your program).  Look for "Compress pictures".  Check the options, i.e. 150 ppi and remove cropped areas and click okay (twice: once to accept the options and secondly to reduce the size of all pictures).  You �ll be surprised how much difference this makes.  It should make your work small enough to upload it in two or maximal three parts.  Still, having said this, I agree with an incease in size, as this reduces any possible mistakes.  Cheers.

19 Jan 2013     

mazrahwie
Malaysia

I do agree with this suggestion, because good PP needs good photo and interesting color to attract the students.. However, I am still trying to learn on how to compress the picture as Peter Hardy said...

1 Feb 2013     

PakDave
Indonesia

I agree.  5MB is not enough.  I �ve compressed all my photos, done all I can to reduce the size, deleted some slides and I �m still at 6  �n change.  And I �ve got some good powerpoints to contribute.  Maybe people will whine no matter what the size limit.  Not sure.
Thanks,
D

20 May 2013