Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > font gone bad in my new worksheet    

font gone bad in my new worksheet

MarionG
Netherlands

font gone bad in my new worksheet

First of all, apologies to all who downloaded the worksheet " a Postcard from Rome" from today �s contributions. It looks like the nice �handwritten � font "Hopalong" wasn �t recognised and it got changed into another font. Since this new font is much bigger, a part of the text disappeared. I updated it now with a more universal font.(and sent an apology and offer to replace to the one who left a comment☺)
To avoid this happening in the future.....Is there a way to make special fonts �stick �?
(I think the word is �to embed �?) I have so many fonts that I don �t remember anymore which ones came with the computer and which ones are more special.
Sometimes I really want to use something different, like in this case, I wanted the postcard to look handwritten and found a perfect font on the web....
Does anyone know how to do it? (Is it possible at all?)
Thanks

3 Feb 2013      

Joeyb1
South Africa

Hi MarionG

In Word 2007, you click on the Menu button, when the window opens click on "Word Options", next to "Exit Word".  In the next window, click on "Save" and when that window opens up you will see the "embed fonts in the file" option at the bottom.  Just tick the box and your fonts will be embedded in the document.

Hope it helps.
Hugs from SA

Joey Smile

3 Feb 2013     

s.lefevre
Brazil

The probem with special fonts is that the downloader must have it installed too. When I use something special I normally save it as PDF.

3 Feb 2013     

MarionG
Netherlands

Thanks Joey!
oops, I am still using Word 2003...
OK, found it, in 2003 it is under tools..
Thanks! I hope it will work for next time!

3 Feb 2013