Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > What can I do?    

What can I do?

Lauroka
Brazil

What can I do?

Hi, people! I�m going to teach young kids ( 3/4 years) in two weeks. I�m worried   because I have only 20 minutes of class. And my coordinator asked me to build  a portifolio with their works. They don�t have writing habilities so, what can I do?

4 Feb 2013      

elu�s
Argentina

I have a box where I keep all their activities like: Listen and colour, listen cut and paste, listen and order the pictures, etc. You can use the compilation as portfolio.

4 Feb 2013     

tanja442
Austria

I work with kids age 4-7 and the can �t write, too. So for example sing a song at the beginning, a song at the end (I have sent my copy today). 1 lesson - presentation - my name is ... what �s your name. You can throw a ball and they have to answer your questaon 2. + 3 lesson - farm animals - prepare a worksheet with 10 animals and prepare flashcards. Put the flashcards on the wall (different places) and call an animal - the kids have to run to the right flashcard.  5 animals in lesson 2 , the other 5 animals in lesson 3. Take a picture with farm animals and count how many cows, horses, ....   4. lesson - repeat farm animals with memory (unfortunately my memory was refused!) - other games: bingo or domino - I have lot �s of worksheets but the files are so big. 5. lesson - colours - e.g. ice cones - to show them the colours; song -  if you are wearing something red shake your head, .... lesson 5: family - there is a nice ws for beginners in esl - draw a finger family - lesson 6 numbers - I have a nice rap created for the numbers: 1, 2, 3 - dance with me, 4, 5, 6, seven kicks, 7, 8 stand straigt, 9 , 10 cluck like a hen, lesson 7 body - song:head shoulders knees and toes, prepare a doll which you can put together, e.g. a head with hair, eyes, nose, mouth, ears, a body with arms, hands, and legs with feet- the children can put it together lesson 8 clothes - prepare a washing line and let them hang up a few clothes, I even prepared a washing maschine and had doll clothes in class; for repeating classes you can always play domino or memory. Another game they llike is: which .... is missing?. E.g. prepare 7 cards , one card shows 6 colours (or clothes, numbers, ...) and the other 6 cards only 5. So they have to find out the missing one. My kids love this game. Today I sent a board game repeating colours, numbers and farm animals. If you are interested in more information don �t hesitate to contact me. As I am a new member, I couldn �t send all my ws and as I told you already my files are very big. But I have sent a few already. Good luck

4 Feb 2013     

Lauroka
Brazil

Thanks a lot for great ideas!! ;)

5 Feb 2013