Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > winner Word of the Day    

winner Word of the Day

MarionG
Netherlands

winner Word of the Day

Strange, I was sure I posted this already...must be the "accubation" sarguero talked about....

In any case, since my last post seems to have vanished without making it to the forum..
After considering the many differernt alternative definitions for the word ACCUBATION, ranging from accupuncture to airconditioning, from cubicles to incubators and from athletes to .. ahum .. masturbation...
I finally decided to go for sarguero �s reference to the effects of too many "cuba-libres".
My memories of the cuba-libres I drank in my youth are kind of hazy, must the the "accubation" at workWink.
Congratulations sarguero!! Up to you to post the new word. Have fun!

The real meaning of accubation is of course: 
The practice of eating or drinking while lying down, usually on the belly or resting on one elbow, after the manner of the anciet Greeks and Romans.

3 Mar 2013      

sarguero
Spain

Thank you Marion, I �m going to drink a Cuba Libre to celebrate the award... Beer

3 Mar 2013