Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > problems with worksheets    

problems with worksheets

helenemonge
France

problems with worksheets

Hi!

Today, I am a bit surprised by some woksheets I have seen, that�s why I leave this message to have your opinion.

- I found several worksheets about maths: the only task is to calculate! Of course, noone downloaded them, because we are not Maths teachers!!! I don�t even know if the teachers who upload those worksheets are really English teachers....

- I found some where the teachers explain in their own language... Even one said "disculpen, no se hablar ingles". I haven�t spoken any Spanish for a long time, but for me it means "I don�t speak English". Am i right???? Well, then how is this person going to understand what we say about our worksheets???? I didn�t want to be rude, so I didn�t leave this person a message, but I find all this very surprising...!!!!

- A lot of people send scanned pages, as you have seen. I remember when I first joined this community, I read and reread all the rules, to be sure not to make any mistake and to send worksheets I have created. Why is it so difficult for some people to understand the rules!! It doesn�t take long to read them....

But, fortunately, we can find beautiful, very creative and useful worksheets on this great site. so thanks to all the fantastic teachers. You have helped me a lot: i have completely changed my way of creating worksheets in order to make them more interesting to my pupils, thanks to you!!

Sorry for this long message!!! But I got really disappointed today by some contributions...

Bye,
H�l�ne

24 Jan 2009      

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

Clap helenemonge

24 Jan 2009     

flaviatl
Argentina

Hi Helen
I think you are right, I totally agree with you. It�s sad but true. There are more and more printables every day but very few are worth downloading.
I don�t like that because it�s getting more and more tiring to have a look at all the contributions of the day...
Anyway, the only solution is to report and if you�re in the mood, maybe leave a message to the person who uploaded it...

As you said, this site is full of creative generous people who are willing to share so let�s try not to get disappointed about what we see here �cause we know that the site is GREAT!!!!!! (in spite of the points you�ve mentioned)

Cheer up!
See you.,
Flavia.

24 Jan 2009     

frenchfrog
France

I wrote this post a few days ago: http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=3957
and also this one: http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=3801
I understand how you are feeling!

24 Jan 2009     

anatavner
Israel

I would like also to add that the person who uploaded the calendar "worksheets" , or whatever you want to call them , are not really ESL pages!!!!
I totally agree with Flavia that it has been getting more and more tiring to have a look at all the contributions of the day...
As someone already said (and I�m sorry that I don�t remember who since I read so many notices today) - DON"T DOWNLOAD pages you think are NOT ESL pages or copied or are just useless. Because those who  put them there think that they might get points just by posting pages and this is not correct.

I would like also to add to
H�l�ne�s remark -  not only she saw someone post "disculpen, no se hablar ingles", but I also often encounter titles to pages that ARE NOT IN ENGLISH!!!!! Why???? We are all supoosed to be English teachers and USE English. 

24 Jan 2009     

mena22
Portugal

I guess we all are very disappointed. But let�s try to do as flavia says - be persistent and report every single worksheet that it is not an ESl resource or that goes against the rules like scanned pages. Let�s find the time to do that and I�m sure Victor will do what is best.

A nice evening to you all.
mena

24 Jan 2009     

carlaaguiarsilva
Portugal

You are 100% right! Just now I�ve seen a ws that was scanned, by Chance, and it was downloaded by a considerated number of people... and people leave comments saying despite the poor quality (wonder why...), it�s a good work!!!! Wake up!!!

24 Jan 2009     

aboanas
Jordan

i totally agree with you helen, but i think the aim behind these contributions is to get more points then to have opportunity to download more printables. i hope we could express our thoughts by having free chat in order to improve our spoken languge.

25 Jan 2009