Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > comparisons    

comparisons

nihvolk
Turkey

comparisons

25 Mar 2013      

elderberrywine
Germany

Now this certainly leaves room for thought ...

25 Mar 2013     

yanogator
United States

I �ll compare this question to an empty box.

Bruce

25 Mar 2013     

MoodyMoody
United States

Comparisons are odious. And so are empty posts.

25 Mar 2013     

chuppacricri
France

Is there a new rule I was not aware of ? Do we get points when we post an empty thread? It �s becoming very popular at the moment !!

26 Mar 2013     

MarionG
Netherlands

I like cupcakes better than gefillte fishWink

26 Mar 2013     

yanogator
United States

But, Marion, how about gefillte fish cupcakes?

Bruce

26 Mar 2013     

Jayho
Australia

Forget the fish - just gimme the cupcakes

26 Mar 2013     

MarionG
Netherlands

yuck, Bruce...you almost made me lose my lunch..
Have you ever seen (forget about tasted) gefillte fish?
BTW, Happy Passover to all those celebrating..

26 Mar 2013     

yanogator
United States

I have a number of Jewish friends, Marion, so I have definitely seen and tasted it. It tastes a lot better than it looks - all white and spongy. I was kidding about the cupcakes, of course. The Food Network on television has a competition called Cupcake Wars, and they frequently feature non-sweet cupcakes in the competition, so I wouldn �t be surprised if they used gefillte fish in a cupcake sometime.

Bruce

26 Mar 2013     

MarionG
Netherlands

I actually can only eat it when it is covered in red horseraddish sauce (my homemade version is so spicy it covers all other tastes :)
gefillte fish filling for a cupcake is actually really funny since gefillte is real passover food when we �re not supposed to eat anything leavened (so cupcakes are out!)
If one already decides to ignore the prohibition of leavened food, gefillte fish would be the last thing to choose as a stuffing:)
Unless, the gefillte fish stuffing would help in some way to ease the guilt over eating a cupcake during passover :)

27 Mar 2013