Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > help with pictionary building    

help with pictionary building

spied-d-aignel
France

help with pictionary building

Victor , I am addressing you directly , sorry. First    thanks for this site which has sort of changed my work, as I am making progress thanks to the advice given  on the forum or in the tutorials. I am making a full verb pictioary for my years 8 and I would like to sent it , but as I have already have some troubles with the cliparts , I � d like to know if there is a way , I could show it to you before sending it , so that it doesn � t get reported for a reason or another. I am trying my very best  to take good cliparts, because I don �t want to set foot on somebody � work  but I definitely can �t check if any of my hundred of images have already appeared somewhere!!! Thanks for answering

3 Apr 2013      

ELOJOLIE274
France

even if several moderators (or members) were to look at your worksheet to see if it contains "forbidden" cliparts  they probably wouldn �t be able to be 100% sure all your cliparts are allowed... the only sure thing would be to include the links to all your cliparts but that would be a pain in the ... for you and for us!
as long as none of them are watermarked - and don �t contain a clear signature like this one

it should be fine... sometimes websites/authors allow us to use their cliparts in our worksheets - as long as we don �t earn money - Philip Martin is one of them :) if you used any of his cliparts (or from similar websites) remember to mention them and thank them in the description of your worksheet...
if you need help, you can send me a private message and i �ll do my best to give you advice!
and don �t worry about your worksheet being reported for a "forbidden" clipart, it happened to most of us and usually it �s just an honest mistake (a couple of mine were reported because of a watermark) and as long as you didn �t steal someone �s worksheet, your account won �t be canceled...
Elodie

3 Apr 2013     

libertybelle
United States

Spied-d-aignel

I wouldn �t presume to answer on Victor �s behalf, but he is a teacher too, with homework and preparations like you and I.

If he had to check everyone �s printables before they were uploaded, he wouldn �t have time to teach or take care of this site.

There are many places you can upload clip-art for free, just google "free clip-art".
Most coloring books have pictures you can use too. Most often there is no credit given to any artist at all in these books.

Clip-art that is water-marked are NOT allowed on this site, but free clip-art is. Thumbs Up

To make sure your work is not reported, you can add a link at the bottom of your work back to the site where you found the clip art - just to show that the clip art you used is allowed.

It �s not a question of artwork being used somewhere else - but using artwork that is water-marked which means you have to pay for it.

Hope this helps
Libertybelle

3 Apr 2013     

Jayho
Australia

Hi again 

I don�t think you need to ask someone to check your work - just make sure you check it before you upload it.

As I wrote in one of your previous posts, it�s always a good idea to cite the source of your images just in case something like this happens.  Or, if you have purchased the image in question just provide details of the website or disk that you got it from.

As previously advised, your reported contribution was related to MES and Mark is very particular about people using images that he himself has purchased/paid the licence for. He used to constantly report contributions that used his images.

For free clipart & photos see these links:

Cheers

Jayho

3 Apr 2013     

spied-d-aignel
France

thanks very much for your information!

3 Apr 2013