Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Flipped classroom -- asking for information & sharing links    

Flipped classroom -- asking for information & sharing links

Montypython
France

Flipped classroom -- asking for information & sharing links

Flipped classroom

Dear friends,

Next year, with a few colleagues, we are experimenting the flipped classroom.
I �m eager to learn as much as possible and to share with colleagues who have already tried it so if you have any information, please contact me ?
I �m curating a Scoop it about it here:
It is both in French & English.
Looking forward to sharing! Wink
Best wishes
Marie

8 Apr 2013      

MelissaEFL
Costa Rica

Hello!
Sorry!  can you please explain to me what is that website about and what a "Flipped classroom" is?

Thanks!

8 Apr 2013     

Montypython
France

Hello,
This is a curating website in which I add all the links I find about the flipped classroom.
It is very well explained here:
http://www.techsmith.com/flipped-classroom.html

What is the flipped classroom?

flipped classroom

A reversed teaching model that delivers instruction at home through interactive, teacher-created videos and moves �homework� to the classroom. Moving lectures outside of the classroom allows teachers to spend more 1:1 time with each student. Students have the opportunity to ask questions and work through problems with the guidance of their teachers and the support of their peers - creating a collaborative learning environment.

What are some benefits of this method?

• Gives teachers more time to spend 1:1 helping students
  • Builds stronger student/teacher relationships
  • Offers a way for teachers to share information with other faculty, substitute teachers, students, parents, and 
    the community easily
  • Produces the ability for students to �rewind� lessons and master topics
  • Creates a collaborative learning environment in the classrom

8 Apr 2013     

jamiejules
France

the flipped classroom is based on one main assumption: teachers give lectures in their classrooms and the lectures are moved from classroom to home with the flipped classrooms.
I know this is still true in higher education but who gives lectures nowadays in primary,secondary modern schools? (especially when we teach English)
I can �t see anyone who still teaches the basics of a language go into the flipped classroom concept. I may be wrong, but I for one believe that the actual learning process is carried out by teacher and students together by interacting, experimenting before learning what the structure or the new concept is all about. We unveil it together and re-invent a rule after we �ve worked with it. ( I don �t know if I am making sense here)
The idea of the flipped classroom to me is appealling for short periods during the year (with students no younger than 14) and when we focus on debating or historical dilemmas (North Vs South)
If you can share specific examples of what you intend to do It would be great.
bonne soir�e
Jamiejules

9 Apr 2013