Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > need correction of this test    

need correction of this test

MARIOUMA
Tunisia

need correction of this test

1. Circle the right option: (4marks)

There is a high likelihood that your teen will be exposed to drugs and alcohol. Often, teens as young as 13 ( already try/ already tried/ have already tried )  drugs as powerful as cocaine. Teens might tell themselves they will only try a drug once , but many teens find themselves under ( continue / continual / continually ) peer pressure to continue to experiment with drugs and � join the party�. Most teens don�t start using drugs expecting to develop an ( addiction / experience / habit) , and while most teens probably see their drug use as a casual way to have fun , there are negative                       ( affections / impacts / effects ) that are a result of this use and abuse of alcohol and other drugs. The (bigger / big / biggest ) consequence to casual drug can be that it develops into a true addiction. When tees become addicted they lose friends, develop health problems , start to ( fail / succeed / remind) in school , experience memory loss, lose motivation , and alienate their family and friends with their negative behaviors and often unpredictable ( emotion / emotional/ emotionally ) changes. Most teens that are addicted won�t see a problem with their behavior or their drug use. Drugs make them feel good ,and are a way to ( relieve / punch / repay ) the stress of school , problems at home , disagreements with friends and other pressures of growing up.

2           Fill in the blanks with 8 words from the list below: (4marks)

perks / discount / full- time / babysitting/ experience / hire/CV / responsible  / pays / fire

So you�re 16 � 18 years old and you�re looking for your first � real � job , or at least an after- school or summer job to make some cash and give you some work............................and future job references? Here�s my list of the past part-time jobs for teens. I�m not talking about ...............................or paper routes , I �m talking a job that a teenager with no work experience can realistically get and that will look good on a ............................. By �best jobs� I mean fun and easy jobs , jobs that won�t work you too hard and that have some extra ........................... . You can be a lifeguard. This is a great summer job for ........................... teens who love the beach . Seriously though , this is a very serious job that ........................... well and you will learn some valuable swimming and life- saving skills . Plus you get to hang out at the beach . Besides , you can work in Retail jobs. You know , working at the mall or at the local Target or Best Buy. These stores ........................... a lot of inexperienced  but eager- to work teens. An added perk of working retail is that you �ll probably get an employee ........................... on merchandise ,so choose a store or shop that sells things that interest you.

3.    Put the bracketed words in the correct tense or form: (4marks)

A few months, I used to take my dog Baxter for afternoon walks. On that day, he 1-(be) ......................... so active, but suddenly he stopped walking. I quickly 2-(drive)................................ him to the vet. She discovered that his back 3-(break)...................................and we 4-(must)................................ to make a choice: either helping him to die, or immediate 5-(surgical).............................. the veterinary surgeon thought Baxter had about 70% chance of 6-(walk)..................................... again, but the operation  7-(not/go)............................................... well as expected. Since then, Baxter 8-(recover) ................................... from his back but he can never walk again.

20 Apr 2013      

ayouda
Tunisia

There is a high likelihood that your teen will be exposed to drugs and alcohol. Often, teens as young as 13 ( already try/ already tried/ have already tried )  drugs as powerful as cocaine. Teens might tell themselves they will only try a drug once , but many teens find themselves under ( continue / continual / continually ) peer pressure to continue to experiment with drugs and � join the party�. Most teens don�t start using drugs expecting to develop an ( addiction / experience / habit) , and while most teens probably see their drug use as a casual way to have fun , there are negative                       ( affections / impacts / effects ) that are a result of this use and abuse of alcohol and other drugs. The (bigger / big / biggest )consequence to casual drug can be that it develops into a true addiction. When tees become addicted they lose friends, develop health problems , start to ( fail / succeed / remind) in school , experience memory loss, lose motivation , and alienate their family and friends with their negative behaviors and often unpredictable ( emotion / emotional/ emotionally ) changes. Most teens that are addicted won�t see a problem with their behavior or their drug use. Drugs make them feel good ,and are a way to ( relieve / punch / repay ) the stress of school , problems at home , disagreements with friends and other pressures of growing up.

So you�re 16 � 18 years old and you�re looking for your first � real � job , or at least an after- school or summer job to make some cash and give you some work............experience................and future job references? Here�s my list of the past part-time jobs for teens. I�m not talking about ........babysitting.......................or paper routes , I �m talking a job that a teenager with no work experience can realistically get and that will look good on a ...............CV.............. By �best jobs� I mean fun and easy jobs , jobs that won�t work you too hard and that have some extra .......perks.................... . You can be a lifeguard. This is a great summer job for ......responsible..................... teens who love the beach . Seriously though , this is a very serious job that ...............pays............ well and you will learn some valuable swimming and life- saving skills . Plus you get to hang out at the beach . Besides , you can work in Retail jobs. You know , working at the mall or at the local Target or Best Buy. These stores ..........hire................. a lot of inexperienced  but eager- to work teens. An added perk of working retail is that you �ll probably get an employee ..............discount............. on merchandise ,so choose a store or shop that sells things that interest you.

20 Apr 2013     

hilalcm
Turkey

I think addiction is more suitable

21 Apr 2013     

sarguero
Spain

21 Apr 2013