Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Don īt expect others to do your Job!    

Don īt expect others to do your Job!

Lilia Laz
Tunisia

Don īt expect others to do your Job!

Hi everybody,

I feel a bit ashamed that among esl community round the world only Tunisian teachers are the ones who constantly ask others to provide them with tests or to correct their tests.
one day or another, we may all need a tip, have a doubt, look for an audiofile, seek a suggestion or exchange tests but we should honor our job and not take advantage of other people īs kindness.
Fortunately, those teachers are exceptions and there are a lot of Tunisian teachers who are hardworking and who really honor their country.

have a nice evening

23 Apr 2013      

manonski (f)
Canada

@Lilia, freeloaders come from everywhere. So do great teachers!

23 Apr 2013     

libertybelle
United States

There could be another reason why Tunisian or teachers from other countries ask for help and that reason could be, that the training these teachers get at teacher training colleges just isn īt good enough and that is not the fault of the teacher but the education dept. of the government.
Some countries have great schools with high standards and others don īt.

I īd rather have these teachers ask questions here and get the right answers than make mistakes when teaching their students.

Just a thought.

L

23 Apr 2013     

balot27
Tunisia

i think you are right in being alone in feeling ashamed as we don not feel that way; on the contrary, we do feel proud of sharing experiences in this worlwide community of teachers. teaching, my lady is a continuous act of learning- from your mistakes, from others`experiences and from the world around you. i will not take this as an insult to tunisian teachers because we know pretty well who we are. sooooo speak for yourself.
accept my comment...

23 Apr 2013     

mouna gueni
Tunisia

@lilia .hey !  you know that english teachers are doing a great job compared with others . we always look for innovation , creativity ... so dont be ashamed . we just want to be perfect . we want to compare what we are doing with what others do .  it s better to exchange  experiences and learn new things . and if you feel that you have learned everything or done the best things ever , there is something wrong then !!!!!!

24 Apr 2013     

etoilist
Tunisia

To the attention of  Libertybelle....
With all my respect it seems you know nothing about the training teachers get in Tunisia.    

24 Apr 2013     

miroucha
Tunisia

i want to clarify something to Mrs Lilia that i am not a lazy teacher but rather i īm a hard working one and all my colleagues know thi well i need some samples of exams for my niece because i īm teaching at a preparatory school and not at a secondary school . Hope everything is clear now :)

24 Apr 2013     

ELOJOLIE274
France

I īm not a Tunisian teacher so maybe what i īm going to say will not apply but anyway...

when a fellow teacher from France asks for help - for an audio document, for new ideas... - i always try to help if I can because I know how difficult and demanding our job is and how teaching methods are constantly changing... I don īt see them as lazy - they could simply not bother and stick to the documents they have and the things they already do - I just considered them as trying to improve themselves, to improve their methods for the sake of our pupils...
in France teachers teach several grades during a school year and sometimes, because they have to or because they want to, they will teach in another school where the textbook will be different, where they are trying some new methods, where they have older or younger kids, or special needs pupils... so my advice is: do not judge someone if you īve not walked in their shoes :)

24 Apr 2013     

Poppingdale
Portugal

If there was a LIKE icon (like on facebook) I would click on it for all the replies, especially the last one. I really think that the teachers who are part of this and other communities are committed to the quality of their work; one asks for help counting on people īs good will, but you don īt need to reply. It really moves me to see the quantity of people who "bother" to help; it means the world is still a good place to live in. THANK YOU for all the help you graciously gave me when I needed it.

24 Apr 2013     

abumohamed
Tunisia

First you said that " those teachers are exceptions".So there is no need to feel ashamed.
Second when a teacher gets in trouble and asks his colleagues for help, it doesn īt mean that he has had an inadequate training for his job or that he is asking others to do  his work. Teaching is problem solving and to solve problems we need the help of others. And above all, please remember that this is a website  " where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc."

24 Apr 2013     

Kemira
Tunisia

to mrs lilya:u know for me,  I am ashamed of ur post (u īve just seen the result of ur post: what the American colleague said) ...if u r bored of Tunisian teachers � asking for tests, ur place is not here  coz here we all share what we have whether tests or other materials ..ur post is just nonesensical 

24 Apr 2013     

1    2    Next >