Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > "Commercial" board- or cardgame    

"Commercial" board- or cardgame

heikeo53
Mexico

"Commercial" board- or cardgame

Hi everybody,
I �m looking for a language game (intermediate level) that can be played in teams,
no particular grammar or vocabulary topic needed.  I have Scrabble and Boggle, which my students love to play, but I would like to use something different.
Any suggestions? I would really appreciate your help.
Thanks in advance.
Heike

27 Apr 2013      

Doot
Canada

The five second rule game

Funglish

Apples to Apples

They are all great for groups.

27 Apr 2013     

heikeo53
Mexico

I �ve just checked out the games you mentioned. Great!!! Thanks a lot.

27 Apr 2013     

LittleSunshine11
Germany

Have you tried these too:

Bananagrams amazon
Pictureka amazon
Taboo
amazon

I published a boardgame "The English Academy" for intermediate students in Germany, if you are interested you can check it out here. The instructions in English are here.

28 Apr 2013     

Doot
Canada

The English Academy looks fabulous except what do you do about the translation category?  Creative and very useful English game...

28 Apr 2013     

LittleSunshine11
Germany

Thanks for the nice comment on The English Academy.
It �s a very small, family based kind of project and it is intended for German learners, that �s why the translatuon exercise is in German.
I hope to be able to publish more games like this for a wider audience soon. But since there are about 500 tasks you could easliy skip the translation category Smile

29 Apr 2013