Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > General Complaints about the site...    

General Complaints about the site...

marlonmark
Costa Rica

General Complaints about the site...

Hi, I �m a teacher from Costa Rica, and I �m really upset for today �s events... Yesterday, I was trying to create something useful for teachers about family... So I saw a great set of flashcards about family... So I decide to write the owner to use the pics for a different purpose... I wrote her an email asking for permission... Even in the worksheet, I wrote a quotation saying the owner... Everything was great since I cut and create a frame, reduce the images, and create a family tree, totally different... And then, someone reported without knowing the facts... Some teachers are mean, it was a delighful and great material, some teachers unfortunately won �t have the chance to use it... Finally, I bet there are many worksheets in which the owners don �t create the pics or copy from the web, and it is not reported... Good night everybody... A little upset before going to sleep... Teacher Mark

29 Apr 2013      

yingwenlaoshi
Russian Federation

Hello Mark! You know I had nearly the same problem some time ago! I did not copy anybody �s pictures from the worksheets.... I created a worksheet where was one picture with a watermark, i took it from the web. But someone reported this worksheet just because of this nearly visible watermark!!! I don �t know why someone appeared to be so mean. So, don �t be upset :-D you are not alone!!! 

Anastasia
Russia.

29 Apr 2013     

Catalina Sorina
Romania

http://www.eslprintables.com/rulesofthewebsite.htm

Contributions:

Worksheets containing watermarked cliparts are not allowed and will be removed from now on.

Your contributions must be your own creations. You can use free images from cliparts or other free sources. You can also use images that you have subscribed to and paid for.

Please, don �t use pictures taken from other ESL websites or books, even if you add your own exercises.

30 Apr 2013     

douglas
United States

Mark-- In a case where you borrow from another teacher it is a good practice to note that in the comments--explain your situation to Victor per e-mail (address is in rules section) and he may reinstate your worksheet.

Anastasia- A few years ago a "nearly invisible watermark" almost caused the site to be shut-down because someone threatened to sue for copywrite infringement.  As "mean" as it sounds, it is necessary that every watermark be reported, otherwise Victor could have to close-down the site--which would be devastating for many of us.

Cheers,
Douglas

30 Apr 2013     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Mark - I also voted for removal of your ws. I am sorry but are you sure you mentioned in the description that the creator of the original ws had allowed you to use her images? I can�t remember seeing it.

Anastasia - I hope you were not serious saying we (moderators) are mean when we respect the rules.

Michaela

30 Apr 2013     

joy2bill
Australia

It �s a sad world that we have to be so careful about copyright, etc but it is a reality.
Perhaps instead of reporting we could have some sort of button which sends a friendly polite pm informing people if there is a watermarked picture rather than an instant removal so that contributors have the opportunity to correct the problem and don �t get too discouraged.
Please remember that we are human and as such we don �t always notice the fine print. 
Cheers
Joy

30 Apr 2013     

yingwenlaoshi
Russian Federation

Ok, Ok guys, I do my best to create stuff on my own and use only free pictures from the web! 
I don �t want this web-site to close, as it is very helpful! THat was only once, of course it made me upset at that time, because it took me time to create that worksheet. But now I am doing my best not to take such watermarked pictures. 

30 Apr 2013     

marlonmark
Costa Rica

Thank you guys, It �s nice to be part from this website.

30 Apr 2013     

nazahzah
Tunisia

discouraged , upset and frustrated are other adjectives i take from the previous answers  to describe my mood at the loss of my points because of watermarks; if any wants to protect his pictures he shouldn �t put it on the net and he should be suied for complaining; what do we upload things for if not to remodel, reshape, reuse andreupload

12 May 2013