Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Dandelions... what do you say?    

Dandelions... what do you say?

izulia
China

Dandelions... what do you say?

Hello everybody,

Please help me with the right word or two. When dandelions turn their colour from yellow to white and the petals change into tiny parachutes, what is the right verb that we would use to describe the blowing process? I mean when people actually blow on the dandelion to make the little parachutes fly?

blow dandelion?

Thank you

7 May 2013      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Dandelion clock.

7 May 2013     

Zora
Canada

In Canada, we would say �blow on a dandelion � or �blow the dandelion �. When I was a child, my mom would tell us to make a wish. I don �t know if anybody else did that or not, or it �s just a thing we used to do in my family.

7 May 2013     

yanogator
United States

Linda,
In the Midwest of the US, we would make a wish if we caught one of the parachutes from a dandelion or a similar one from a milkweed (which we called Santa Clauses).

Bruce

7 May 2013     

Zora
Canada

So it is a tradition - or at least a variation on a tradition. I love the name you have for milkweeds! Smile

7 May 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

http://creatingpicturesinmymind.blogspot.co.uk/2009/07/dandelion-clock-how-it-works.html

So, you blow, and you say, �1 o�clock, 2 o�clock etc...� 

I haven�t thought of this for years. I wish I was back there, out in the field behind our house, blowing my dandelion clock, just for an instant...

7 May 2013