Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Shopping Expressions    

Shopping Expressions

JoanneJoanne
Korea, South

Shopping Expressions

Hello,
I am looking for some advice about teaching �Shopping � expressions to very young English learners.
Does anyone know of any useful songs, videos or ppt �s about shopping that would be suitable for kindergarten children?
Thank you so much in advance!

14 May 2013      

Zora
Canada

Here is a fun and funny song we used to sing in kindergarten! (100 years ago! Wink ) It �s about a store and stuff.

http://www.lyricspond.com/artist-raffi/lyrics-the-corner-grocery-store

Here �s the music too, not a great recording of it but you get the idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E43wIhI1_G4

Linda

14 May 2013     

Sarah B
Austria

If you have the facilities, how about setting up a play shop (with a till, shopping baskets and trolley and some empty food packets) and role play shopping with them.  The children generally love this or at least the preschool children at my school do.  They can take turns being the shopkeeper or the person shopping.  This could also help them with counting and basic maths.

14 May 2013     

Sarah B
Austria

If you have the facilities, how about setting up a play shop (with a till, shopping baskets and trolley and some empty food packets) and role play shopping with them.  The children generally love this or at least the preschool children at my school do.  They can take turns being the shopkeeper or the person shopping.  This could also help them with counting and basic maths.

14 May 2013     

Sarah B
Austria

14 May 2013     

Sarah B
Austria

14 May 2013     

JoanneJoanne
Korea, South

Thank you, Linda! Thank you, Sarah!

18 May 2013