Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Any ideas?    

Any ideas?

anitarobi
Croatia

Any ideas?

Hi, dear colleagues!
I �ve been working with kids all ages for a long time now, but every summer, as the school year ends, I feel the need to give the kids some little present, something simple, yet interesting, to remember the year by.
I was wondering if you have any ideas, other than certificates or candy?
Could you, pls, share some of your suggestions on the matter, something not too expensive or time-consuming, but caring? (I know, I ask a lot, but I have faith in you:).
Hope you �re enjoying your Sunday
Anita

26 May 2013      

EstherLee76
Peru

How about inexpensive school supplies?  Erasers, pencils....especially when they have a favorite cartoon character emblem (Angry Birds, Barbie...)

26 May 2013     

maryse pey�
France

Esther �s idea is excellent. Here �s another to complete it :

Why don �t you fill small colored boxes with some of these supplies and ask the students to fish one in the bag. Then all of them will open the boxes and discover their different items.

26 May 2013     

anamia
Croatia

Dear Anita,
 how about decoupage? Have you ever tried this?
Just use simple jam or pickle jars to make pencil holders, I did that with my students, they had to do their own end of the year gift. 
Our last lesson was a creative workshop and they all enjoyed it. Just buy Takril ( paint for the concrete - ask your husband ), a couple of napkins and decoupage glue ( Muller, Prosvjeta, Chemaco- just need one jar, it will go a long way ). The same way you can make  hurricane candle holders. 
My students and their families just love it! Really easy but cute.
Hugs Anamaria

26 May 2013     

olaola
Italy

...Last year a colleague of mine prepared a cd with all the pictures of the school year linked with music . the Cd  was about all the activites they had done ( classrooms activities,  projects, trips, their works etc.). She added a little poetry she had done herself: every line was dedicated to a different kid... it was nice and moving

26 May 2013     

goospanish
Mexico

How old are they?

26 May 2013     

anitarobi
Croatia

Thanks for your ideas. I have kids from 4-18, so it �s not easy to always find sth perfect.

27 May 2013