Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Repeated files    

Repeated files

SVieira
Portugal

Repeated files

Hi, dear colleagues! Some time ago (I �m not sure when exactly) I received a message telling me that there had been a problema with one of my files and that I should upload it again, which I did. But now, when I look into "My printables", the file is there twice (which makes two files of precisely the same PowerPoint), with a lot of downloads each. My question is: is it ok for me to delete one of the files, so that it does not show up twice in "My printables"? If I do that, do I risk losing the points that the file to be deleted granted me? The fact is, this has happened already twice, so I have two powerpoints that are repeated (which seems to go against the rules, but it was not my fault, it was caused by a problem with the files) and I wouldn �t like to penalised by that. Thanks in advance for any answers that may come!

26 May 2013      

manonski (f)
Canada

Two identical printables or powerpoint do break the rules. In fact, it might get reported by a member.

What I suggest is to delete the ones with the least points.

26 May 2013     

Apodo
Australia

A pity to lose points though, and hardly fair since you were asked to upload again. Perhaps the site administrator can help.

26 May 2013     

SVieira
Portugal

Manonski and Apodo - thank you so much for your answers! I had already considered writing to Victor, but I didn �t know his e-mail contact (now I do!) and I wasn �t sure whether that would be a good option (as he probably has thousands of other things to do...) but I have just written to him and explained it all. I now await for his answer and I am just about to upload a third file that has had problems (I made sure to tell Victor that I was just folllowing the instructions I received from the Administration System, so I hope I won �t be penalised for that). As soon as I have na answer, I will drop by to let you know. Once again - thank you! (^_^) (This was my attempt to draw a smiling face, with eyes on it)

27 May 2013