Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Proficiency level    

Proficiency level

Yolandaprieto
Spain

Proficiency level

Hi everyone,
I have to choose one book for my adult proficiency students and I am really confused: I have been sent two and both seem good to me. One is Cambridge English Proficiency Masterclass(Oxford) and the other is Proficiency Expert (Pearson). The first one seems to be better organized but I don �t know which one could work better in my lessons. Has anyone worked with any? If so, can I have your opinions? Or if you know other books you are using and you like, please tell me which ones they are.
Thanks in advance for your help
Yolanda

28 May 2013      

cris03glu
Mexico

Hi Yolanda!
Whichever book you choose, be sure it has the new updates :) Some exercises changed for CPE

-Cris

28 May 2013     

alex1968
Greece

I �ve worked with Masterclass and found it heavy going...I have no desire to use it again albeit thorough and comprehensive.  I wouldn �t recommend this as a class book.

Are you focusing on CPE?  I �ve also used Revised New Trends (Burlington) which was much better.  It �s more class-friendly.

Since I mainly prepare Ss for Michigan ECPE exams, I now use Honors (Burlington) which I �m very happy with.

For grammar purposes I always use Mastermind Use of English (Burlington).

29 May 2013     

s.lefevre
Brazil

I think the New proficiency Gold - Longman is quite interesting.

29 May 2013