Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help!    

Help!

savvinka
Russian Federation

Help!

Hello, everyone,
Could you edit this passage for me,please.

6) Among the Conditionals the sentences with verb to wish is especially allocated. They are usually used to express regret for something that hasn�t happened, desired or expected very much. The main clause is I wish, the rest part of the sentence is a casual clause.  

Thank you very much,
 Olga

3 Jun 2013      

douglas
United States

I�m not ignoring you Olga, I �m just not sure how to go about this one. 

I �ll try though:

6) Among the conditionals, sentences with the verb to wish are specially allocated (not sure what you mean by allocated here).

They are usually used to express regret for something that hasn�t happened, is not desired or is not expected very much. (a little awkward, but okay).

The main clause contains I wish, the other part of the sentence is a casual (causal?) clause. 

cheers,
Douglas

4 Jun 2013     

savvinka
Russian Federation

Thank you, Douglas, for yr kind reply.

1) I �m trying to translate the  rule from  Russian into English as you can see.
I want to say that sentences with verb to wish stay sepeartely, are considered seperately, are taught seperately, they are also conditionals , but their use is a little bit different. 

2) They are usually used to express regret for something that hasn �t happened, that hasn �t been desired or expected very much.

3) causal clause.
Thanks,
Olga

4 Jun 2013     

yanogator
United States

Like Douglas, I �ve been thinking about this, but it is a very difficult request.

Anyway, "I wish" is usually for something that is desired, so don �t say "hasn �t been desired". In fact, "to wish" definitely means "to desire".

Oh, and I wish I had a million dollars!
Bruce

4 Jun 2013     

savvinka
Russian Federation

Thank you very much, Bruce, for yr remark. It �s very useful. I �ve got it.
I wish I could explain everything in English. I can almost everything but not all. 
Olga

5 Jun 2013