Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > please , I need your help     

please , I need your help

sadeel
Palestine

please , I need your help

Hi, I have a research about a problem in my class and the methods I use to overcome . my s.s don �t know enough meanings, when I ask them to write anything they keep asking about the meanings of very simple words. so is there a specific phrase for this problem?? thank u :)

6 Jun 2013      

naddy11980
Morocco

Dear sadeel,
       ( i don �t know if i got your point! here �s what i think)
      I think that the most suitable answer is simply to say: �it is not important � or �we �ll talk about this later � ... that �s what I usually do. Teachers are not supposed to explain every single word. Students have to make more efforts and try to guess the meaning from the context ....
      At the early stages of learning a foreign language, what matters the most is getting used to listening and speaking the new language. Then comes the meaning, structure .....that �s why i always use jazz chants at the very beginning. It really helps starters to get used to English. Plus they do not feel shy or embarrassed. Jazz Chants are really important.
         Best of luck

6 Jun 2013     

dutchboydvh
Singapore

Naddy.... can you tell us more about Jazz Chants? I haven �t heard this term used before. Thanks!

6 Jun 2013     

mohamedthabet
Tunisia

Have a look at this dutchboy: http://jazzchants.net/, there are some examples of jazzchants.

7 Jun 2013     

dutchboydvh
Singapore

Fun! Thanks!

8 Jun 2013