Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > QUESTION FOR TEACHERS OF ENGLISH IN SPAIN    

QUESTION FOR TEACHERS OF ENGLISH IN SPAIN

Isabel L
Spain

QUESTION FOR TEACHERS OF ENGLISH IN SPAIN

Hello,
I work in Castilla-La Mancha and yesterday we got an email saying that all the schools here must offer a new optional subject for 2� Bachillerato called "Ingl�s pre-profesional". There was no curriculum and nearly no information about what we are supposed to teach. I was very confused because I had never heard of anything like that. My question is for those who work in other regions in Spain: Do you teach this subject in any region? If you do, how do you organise your lessons? Do you use a textbook?
Thank you in advance.
Have a great weekend

7 Jun 2013      

cuchifritin
Spain

Hello!

I work in Madrid, and as far as I know nobody has talked about a subject like that here.The only subject which is offered as optional in Bachillerato (first and second year) is called Ampliaci�n de Ingl�s Oral, but it is more related to speaking and listening skills, nothing to do with a professional curriculum. I �ll try to find out more, any way.Shocked

7 Jun 2013     

vanesaolias
Spain

Hi,
I �ve never heard of that before. It might have something to do with Business English, or English for Specific Purposes, like Medicine, Law, etc. I �m not sure, sorry. Anyway, I �ll try to find out more.Wink

7 Jun 2013     

Isabel L
Spain

Thank you both.

7 Jun 2013     

amrodriguez
Spain

I haven�t  heard  anything about that here in Andaluc�a neither. 

8 Jun 2013     

florimago
Spain

Hi from Galicia, no news about what you �re telling us but I �ll check... Flori

8 Jun 2013     

koala_eukaliptus
Spain

This is called English for Specific Purposes. There are some books with general English for professionals. Oxford is a good editorial house.

8 Jun 2013     

Isabel L
Spain

Thank you all. It seems our regional authorities are quite "creative".

@koala eukaliptus I know what ESP is, but I was asking about this optional subject in 2� Bachillerato in other regions. Take it as a kind of survey.

8 Jun 2013