Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > writing    

writing

roneydirt
United States

writing

The top portion is the letter "f" and "p" with tails.  The only place I found it is in old calligraphy, but been told it is official British writing. 

20 Jun 2013      

JoanneJoanne
Korea, South

Hello,
I �m not sure if this is the answer you �re looking for but the top style of writing is cursive (or script) and the lower style is print (or manuscript). I don �t know which style of writing is taught in British schools.

21 Jun 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

In cursive writing, P doesn �t have a tail. F can have a tail. 

22 Jun 2013     

JoanneJoanne
Korea, South

Yes, that �s what I thought too. Then I googled �cursive � and clicked �images � and saw some examples of /p/ with a tail or with a loop.

22 Jun 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I have seen P with a fancy flourish in calligraphy, but it �s a gentle bending rather than a pronounced �tail �. I don �t think it is taught in schools at all. 

22 Jun 2013     

roneydirt
United States

I have been looking for mistakes being taught in the Chinese schools I work at.  This came up and the teacher swore it was the British manuscript writing.  I had looked online and emailed the UK school board but haven �t gotten a reply yet.

22 Jun 2013