Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Great American English Pronunciation application    

Great American English Pronunciation application

daniel84
Canada

Great American English Pronunciation application

Hi,

With learning English as a Second Language, one of the important thing, beside English grammar and vocabulary, is to know how to pronounce English words in the correct way.

Because of this I would like to share with you on what I recently came across. This application is completely innovative and is based on a concise, well planned curriculum that helps non-native speakers of American English learn in a building-block format. This unique approach features the direct assistance of a virtual teacher with the name Simone - a 100% computer generated animation.

If this words make your curious, then you can check it on saundz.com

Best regards to all..

25 Jun 2013      

flo84
France

Very interesting indeed! Thank you for the link

25 Jun 2013     

daniel84
Canada

Hi flo84,

I �m glad you like it, and I would like to hear your impressions here..

Regards

25 Jun 2013     

douglas
United States

Sorry, but this sounds a lot like spam.

25 Jun 2013     

daniel84
Canada

Sorry, but based on what you concluded this?

25 Jun 2013     

douglas
United States

A new account with no points advertising a link that has a free trial, but later costs about $10.00  and the post sounds like a sales pitch.

OBTW-are you really from Canada (you write with an accent)?

25 Jun 2013     

daniel84
Canada

if you write definition of spam on search engine (Google), you will get: "Send the same message indiscriminately to (large numbers of recipients) on the Internet." or on Wiki: "Spam is the use of electronic messaging systems to send unsolicited bulk messages, especially advertising, indiscriminately."

I �ve just wrote a unique text a few hours ago, which is in a single post (who want to read, it will be on his/her choice), so i didn �t sent the same PM to all users here, where they will be informed about it.. Also I just wanted to contribute to this community by sharing my discovery of one good tool, nothing else and nothing more. That �s why this post is in "Teaching material" here!!

25 Jun 2013     

douglas
United States

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/S/spam.html

Spam according to the rules of this site:

Those messages which are considered spam by the administrator will be removed (such as using the forum with the solely purpose of advertising your website).

Besides, every Monty Python fan knows that this is Spam:

25 Jun 2013     

daniel84
Canada

So useful information on correct place it can be considered as a h(sp)am? I �m sure not:

25 Jun 2013     

Zora
Canada

I agree with Douglas. It �s advertising, plain and simple. This forum is not about sharing that kind of information. 

25 Jun 2013     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Honestly, it is a great resource, but let �s face it, it IS advertising. Maybe if you published it in a site for students, they would be more appreciative:)

Here �s another resource which you can benefit from and it is FREE!

Sophia

25 Jun 2013     

1    2    Next >