Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > New materials I would like to share    

New materials I would like to share

Zdenda
Czech Republic

New materials I would like to share

I have not published anything for over a months. But now I have two more things I would like to share with you.

Originally this was an old comic (in public domain) and I made it into a short video. I added a worksheet with my favourite vocabulary teaching method and an interactive game to check the students� comprehension.

This is a list of my favourite books TEFL teacher should read. Did I miss any good one? Please let me know

Enjoy the weekend
Zdenda

28 Jun 2013      

maceman
Canada

Hello Zdenda
I wanted to respond to your request for input about theoretical books for the TEFL teacher.
I have found Teaching by Principles - An Interactive Approach to Language Pedagogy to be very helpful. Its by H. Douglas Brown of San Francisco State University. It synthesizes a large body of information and methods into a practical approach. It would greatly help prospective and new teachers in the field to meet communicative objectives.
As well, I have found the following book a useful addition to my current teaching resources. A Course in Language Teaching - Practice and Theory by Penny Ur, Cambridge University Press. Both novice teachers and experienced practitioners would benefit from this book.
By the way I really liked the information you had posted on the website. Great work!
All the best.

29 Jun 2013     

s.lefevre
Brazil

Thanks for the link. My students love Sherlock Holmes. Your presentations are great.

29 Jun 2013     

Zdenda
Czech Republic

Thank you both for kind comments. I will check up the books suggested by Maceman. Both of them sound promising.
Zdenda

29 Jun 2013     

abitano
Argentina

Great job Zdenda! A million thanks for sharing!

29 Jun 2013     

grixo
Spain

GREAT AND USEUL LINK--THANKS A LOT FOR SHARING-

30 Jun 2013     

MChappell
France

Thank you very much for sharing. I �ll use it

30 Jun 2013     

Zdenda
Czech Republic

Thank you for your positive reactions. Please do not be afraid to leave these kind comments at the blog as well. Thank you and tomorrow you will find some more materials there.
Zdenda

30 Jun 2013