Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > English syllabus?    

English syllabus?

traceyo777
Hungary

English syllabus?

Did anyone design / plan their own syllabus (course) for their English lessons?

If so I have a few questions.......

How did you chooses what to put into it and in which order?

Do you also use course books?

The books I am using are really too difficult for some of my classes.  They have previously been pushed through the books ( by copying pages and using a dictionary to find words Cry ) and now don�t really understand the grammar.

Should I abandon the books and instead use the worksheets from here?

Also would anyone mind sharing their syllabus on here?

Thanks

TBig smile

28 Jan 2009      

cheezels
New Zealand

Helen Mck has a very good template / checklist  worksheets (s)of the order of teaching grammar points with the different levels. I am using it because it was really helpful for me to find the "starting point"  to begin planning my lessons. Check it out! :-)

28 Jan 2009     

traceyo777
Hungary

where can I find it?

29 Jan 2009     

wiostahi
Peru

We things here are like this:

our country teaching department presents a general document which includes the topics to be studied during the year according to the students level (primary-secondary) and it explains what to teach...then the teachers have to gather and  discuss what to do, I mean if the institution is going to work with a book (if this is the case, which book?), with methods to use and how classes should be.

29 Jan 2009