Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > My repeated files - gone for good!    

My repeated files - gone for good!

SVieira
Portugal

My repeated files - gone for good!

Hi, everyone! Some time ago, I asked about what I could do in order to not get reported on repeated uploads, as there had been problems with some of my files and I had been asked to re-upload them. The problem was that it turned out I ended up having two repeated powerpoints (each of the two powerpoints uploaded twice), which goes against the rules here, but I had meant no harm (the request to re-upload them came around the time when I started here, so I thought it would just take a few days for the "problem" files to be automatically deleted; it turns out they weren �t...). As someone back then asked me to report on how things would be dealt with, here it goes: Following your advice, I wrote to Victor, explaining him how it all had happened and asking him about how I should deal with it. Unfortunately, I had no response from him, so today I dealt with it myself - I deleted the repeated files (and thus lost 56 points...). :-( Anyway, now I think I have everything "by the book", so there will be no problem and I will not have to fear being reported. :-)

2 Jul 2013      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

When you want to correct something in your contribution, you don �t have to delete it. You need to go to the authors options and click "update this printable/PPT" and upload the corrected version, this way you won �t lose points. If you have repeated contributions, delete the one which has fewer points:)
Sophia

2 Jul 2013     

SVieira
Portugal

Thank you, Ueslteacher. I didn �t know that back then, so I repeated files... Anyway, I have learnt something from this and the points? Well, I �ll just get them back with new uploads (probably, after summer - right now, I am crammed with reports and reports and reports and all sort of bureaucracy...)! No problem... P.S. - You are a very active member in forums and I always like reading your posts / replies (you go straight to the point, helping and clearing doubts), so my thanks on line 1 are truly heratfelt, they are not just rethorics. :-)

3 Jul 2013