Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Ask for help    

Ask for help

KHAWLA ALZIOD
Jordan

Ask for help

Hello everyone ,

I would be grateful if you helped me in the new series of books that my school has

adopted to be taught this year  .

The new series is " English World "  .If anyone had dealt with this book before

,could you send me recommendations , comments ,any helpful websites .

Please ,send me your comments .

11 Jul 2013      

abumohamed
Tunisia

Concerning your headteacher, you should cooperate with your colleagues to show him that there are limits that he shouldn �t overpass and that your relationships with him should be governed by law not by personal actions and responses. If he doesn �t understand that you can with your colleagues talk to the inspector about that. If that does not work move to another school to avoid daily tensions and stress.

11 Jul 2013     

libertybelle
United States

Unfortunately many people who are entrusted in jobs of power, can �t administrate this power.
A truly gifted and great leader doesn �t need to flex muscles to show he �s a leader - a good leader listens , treats his employees with respect and is kind and understanding.

You seem to have gotten a "small" person who wastes people �s time trying to show who is boss - which results in you all thinking the guy is an idiot.

There �s really nothing you can do with this type of person, they are more concerned with their image than the school and welfare if its teachers and students. You could try writing a complaint to higher authorities that he is wasting your time and not doing his job.

11 Jul 2013     

alien boy
Japan

Without taking sides... maybe a more positive approach from your end may result in more positive interaction from his end?
Do you know why he wants the summaries? Does he want your opinion on the books or is it just a precis that he �s after?
Maybe you could ask - in a calm & coonsiderate manner why he needs certain things done (& when he needs them to be done by) so you can express your opinions in an non confrontational way.

There are few things more difficult in the workplace than opposing �teams � being out to obstruct each other. Teachers & administrators really should work together to provide the best outcomes for students.

Perhaps he will find merit in your opinions & you may find some merit in his, if you can both show a little patience & a spirit of compromise.

11 Jul 2013     

KHAWLA ALZIOD
Jordan

Thank you very much .

14 Jul 2013