Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > HELP    

HELP

adcruzflorez
Colombia

HELP

An English day is coming in our school, and I would like you to give me some recommendations about the kind of acts students can perform in it. Thank you

27 Jul 2013      

johann61
Mexico

lets see ! what you can do is to have the students think about the transatlantic voyage of the pilgrims an their arrival in America. The Boston Tea Party, The difference of the English and the Americans in the way they pronounce words differently, the Preamble of the US Constitution, etc  

27 Jul 2013     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Some ideas for games here
You can also play "who wants to be a millionaire" with questions on some basic facts about the English language and the English-speaking world. You can find free templates for the game.
Sophia

28 Jul 2013     

Matthew@ELSP
Japan

For a lower level (what level are they?) you can do a simple activity which I suppose is similar to Sophia �s suggestion.
You can have a gambling game, where the students who guess the right answer can double their bet back, and the students who do not get the right answer get nothing back for that question. The millionaire game is a good idea, but might be a little more complex for real beginners. Perhaps you could tell us what level the students are please?

28 Jul 2013     

angellys
Colombia

Last year , I gave a every grade a State of USA and student showed the mst important things of every one, example New York , They talked about the city , landmarks, they sang New york of Frank Sinatra, They represented the wax museum , etc.... others grades worked Texas and they made a saloon and talk about cow boys etc.... Washigton , the taled abous history and symbols other group represent walt Disney with their principal characters Mickey , Minnie , princess etc, YellowStone park animals and volcanoos etc.... there are many things to do....

28 Jul 2013