Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Please help me!    

Please help me!

hanni176
Vietnam

Please help me!

I am rather confused with this sentences.
Reorder these adjective : A red big long sweater
I think the answer is : " A big long red sweater"
As far as I know the correct order of adjective is : Opinion, size, age, shape, color, origin, material...
Big: Size, Red: Color,
How about " LONG", which does it belong to? Thanks.

30 Jul 2013      

rosesunrise65
Bulgaria

yep..should be so ..a big long red, but my friend from Australia just said : " in Australia would probably say a large, long red sweater. "

30 Jul 2013     

Apodo
Australia

I �m also from Australia. We use large for a size on a label, but I would say big long red jumper.
Sweater is US English. Australians don �t say sweater - and if they do it �s because they �ve been watching too much American TV. Wink

In this sentence, long is a physical description of shape. The sweater is longer than average.

30 Jul 2013     

MoodyMoody
United States

Interesting... here in the States, a jumper is still clothing, but usually not knit. Here �s a picture of an American jumper, by Donna Ricco. (It �s not big, long, or red, but it �s cute!)

30 Jul 2013     

yanogator
United States

I thought this was a sundress, and a jumper (in the US) has to be worn over a blouse. But then what do i know about women �s clothes?

What I do know about women�s clothes is that Just My Size patyhose aren�t. I learned this the year I went to a halloween party as a strawberry Tart (double meaning, since I like to bake). Sorry, I don�t have a photo.

Bruce

30 Jul 2013     

MoodyMoody
United States

This would be an unusual pattern and color combination for a sundress. Sundresses are usually in bright or pastel colors, and often with a floral print. A black and white plaid is more common in winter clothes. You �re right, though, there �s a lot in common between a jumper and sundress. I didn �t think about that when I posted the picture above (which was labeled on the website as a jumper).

30 Jul 2013     

yanogator
United States

Yes, thanks MoodyMoody

30 Jul 2013     

edrodmedina
United States

This is a jumper.

30 Jul 2013     

Jayho
Australia

Well, according to Macmillan dictionary, you are all correct, including Ed!
  1. American a pinafore

Brooce, we don �t need a photo to imagine you playing your  accordian in your Strawberry Tart outfit!  That �s my second chuckle for the day.

Cheers

Jayho

1 Aug 2013     

MoodyMoody
United States

And there are jumper cables, too!

1 Aug 2013