Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > which subjects do students like more????    

which subjects do students like more????

satara-a
Austria

which subjects do students like more????

dear friends i should give a congress to my classmates and my teacher said to me that choose a subject that is interesting for others and doesn �t make them bored so i want you to help me that what subjects student like more ??? love , money, education ,etc

thanks a lot  

7 Aug 2013      

Izadeabreu
Brazil

Hello

In my opiniton, you should ask them to list at least five topics they would like to talk about. Then plan a lesson considering students�interest.

7 Aug 2013     

akvillina
Iran

Hello!

When we were in the university speaking about the marriage was the most interesting topic. Why people marry!!!

Also why they study...and one of the reasons was to have a better chance in marriage...

i think different people have different interests .you didn �t mention your English level...your age and many other things that will affect your interests.

Also speaking about the teachers and their way of teaching and their behaviors would be interesting.

7 Aug 2013     

MoodyMoody
United States

I �m a little confused about "congress." In English, the word means to join, or a group, such as the US Congress. I �m not sure if you mean teach a lesson to give a speech or address.

Assuming that you are giving a speech, you might consider what you yourself are interested in. It �s easier to speak convincingly about something you care about. Pick a fairly narrow topic, but not so specialized that most people couldn �t understand what you mean. For example, "music" is much too broad. "Technical aspects of playing Mozart �s Piano Concerto 23 in A Major on a synthesizer" will go right over the heads of the non-music majors. "Mozart �s influence on modern pop music" would probably be fine if you can actually find supporting documents. This, of course, is merely an example. Look to your own interests and areas of expertise.

If you have to teach a sample lesson, then think about what would be most useful for the students. For college students, that might be names of different university departments in English. Many will be similar to German, but some might be very different. Names of buildings would also be very useful, as would medical terms.

But remember, we can only provide ideas. You �re going to have to do the work yourself. Good luck!

7 Aug 2013     

martinasvabova
Czech Republic

Facebook, Twitter, etc. are quite popular topics I�d say.

7 Aug 2013     

sarguero
Spain

Don �t know the ages but love, flirt, sex... are always spicy items to talk about.

Speaking about food in general or weird food from different countries should be a good one.

With my primary students we play "Aladdin and the magic lamp" . One student got the "oil lamp" and the teacher (genie) says "Tell me your wish" and when the student says his/her wish, he // she must explain "WHY"

"I want to be a famous singer because........"

If the explanation is OK then his//her wish is granted if not the genie turns him // her in a "salt statue" till the end of the game.

8 Aug 2013     

isa2
Austria

Dear colleagues,
this is a student �s request, so he/she is planning a short presentation for his classmates. But it is highly unusual that he/she should plan this in the middle of the summer vacation when everybody is on holiday! Classes will start in the second week of September.

@satara-a: Can you explain this to me?  Besides, I think you are a young person so you will know best what people of your age like. So what do you talk about when you and your friends meet and have a chat?

9 Aug 2013