Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help    

Help

mary-butterfly
Brazil

Help

Hi, I need some help ,my boss asked me to translate something for him , but  I am not sure about my translation.Can you take a look?
Thanks in advance !

The solidarity  and liberating action of Yahweh presented in Exodus 3,7-10 is the axial to the story of the people from Israel. The objective is to show that the pericope is the main axis not only  in the theology but also in the spirituality, for in it are based intervening and liberating actions of God and  possibly signal the later theology of the Covenant.  Starting from context of Egyptian slavery and the outcry of the Hebrews, that makesYahweh erupts in its history, has a theology that reveals a God present, interacting in the liberating and dynamic process of life. In contrast, especially in the post-exile, the antitheology - in the sense opposed to life - presents itself as dominant theological discourse. She moves God among the people and plaster he. Its essential characteristic is the retribution against everything that the human being does. It is a caricature of God and not more attentive and engaged face of Yahweh. This theological form of conceiving God has consequences for spirituality, completally distinct from spirituality coming from the exodus event.

A a��o solid�ria e libertadora de Yahweh presente em �xodo 3,7-10 � axial para a hist�ria do povo de Israel. O objetivo � evidenciar que a per�cope citada � eixo fundamental tanto na teologia como na espiritualidade, pois nela se fundamentam as a��es interventoras e libertadoras de Deus e que, possivelmente, sinalizam a posterior teologia da Alian�a. Partindo do contexto de escravid�o eg�pcia e do clamor dos hebreus que faz Yahweh irromper na hist�ria, tem-se uma teologia que revela um Deus presente, interagindo no processo libertador e dinamizador da vida. Em contrapartida, especialmente no p�s-ex�lio, a antiteologia � no sentido de oposi��o � vida � apresenta-se como discurso teol�gico dominante. Ela desloca Deus do meio do povo e o engessa. Sua caracter�stica essencial � a retribui��o frente a tudo o que o ser humano faz. � uma caricatura de Deus e n�o mais o rosto atento e comprometido de Yahweh. Essa forma teol�gica de conceber Deus tem conseq��ncias para a espiritualidade, totalmente distinta da espiritualidade oriunda do evento �xodo.

13 Aug 2013      

Logos
Malaysia

I am not a Portuguese speaker and so cannot possibly comment on the correctness of your interpretation, but from an English perspective the following sentences may need some changes:

...the pericope is the main axis not only  in the theology but also in the spirituality

should be:

the pericope is the main axis not only  in its theology but also in its spirituality
(alternatively you could omit the pronoun altogether and it would still make sense.

Starting from context of Egyptian... should be Starting from the context of Egyptian... 

...that makes Yahweh erupts in history  should be ... that makes Yahweh erupt in history

She moves God among the people and plaster he  
I have absolutely no idea what this means and because I cannot read Portuguese I cannot understand what you are trying to say.  To me it looks like you made a big mistake - though I don �t know what!

It is a caricature of God and not more attentive and engaged face of Yahweh
This sentence sounds sensible, but it really does not mean anything.  I have no idea how to correct this without knowing more about Portuguese.

...completally distinct from spirituality coming should be completely distinct from the spirituality...
This is a very minor point - though the spelling is relevant.  The use of the definite article specifies the distinctiveness of spirituality rather than anything else.

13 Aug 2013     

yanogator
United States

Hi, Mary,
Logos has good suggestions. Here are more:

First, "axial" is an adjective, not a noun, so you can �t say "the axial". Also, "axial" and "pericope" are not very common words, so I will replace them. My suggestions are in red.

The solidarity  and liberating action of Yahweh presented in Exodus 3:7-10 is central to the story of the people of Israel. The objective is to show that the passage is the main axis not only of theology but also of spirituality, for in it are based the intervening and liberating actions of God which possibly signal the later theology of the Covenant.  Starting from the context of Egyptian slavery and the outcry of the Hebrews, which makes Yahweh erupt in its history, there is a theology that reveals a present God , interacting in the liberating and dynamic process of life. In contrast, especially in the post-exile, the antitheology - in the sense of opposition to life - presents itself as dominant theological discourse. She moves God among the people and plaster he. Its essential characteristic is the retribution against everything that the human being does. It is a caricature of God and not the more attentive and engaged face of Yahweh. This theological form of conceiving God has consequences for spirituality, completely distinct from the spirituality coming from the exodus event.

Like Logos, I have no idea what the sentence in green is supposed to be. In the Portuguese, who is the "Ela" in the sentence? Can "deslocar" mean to remove or separate from? I �m sure "engessar" is being used in a figurative sense. I �m guessing that the sentence might mean something like "This separates/removes God from the people and [something. Could it be a figurative term meaning to make Him into an idol? That �s just a total guess]"?

Bruce

14 Aug 2013