Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Practice for Irregular verbs in the Simple Past for adults    

Practice for Irregular verbs in the Simple Past for adults

Jessisun
Argentina

Practice for Irregular verbs in the Simple Past for adults

Hi, everyone! My students (adults) have just  learnt the past simple with irregular verbs. I need them practice the use of irregular verbs in the Simple Past. The class is oriented to oral communication. Any ideas I can apply with my students? Thanks a lot for your ideas in advance! :)  

18 Aug 2013      

tashaleks
Spain

I print questions such as:
�What did you eat yesterday? �
�Where did you go last summer? �

Then I cut them up. I put them in a hat and ask random Ss to pick out a question and ask it to someone that they choose in the class.

Just an idea.

19 Aug 2013     

[email protected]
Romania

A good idea is to play NOUGHTS AND CROSSES. Here is the procedure ( in case you are not familiar with it):
- Divide the class into two groups, one is the X and the other is the O. 
- Draw a nine square table and put a number in each square( from 1 to 9). 
- Prepare some envelopes containing the infinitive of the verbs you want them to practice( an envelope for each square). 
- Ask a students from the X team to choose a number. Then he/she picks up o verb from the corresponding envelope and either says its past simple form or makes up a sentence with that verb in the past simple.( it�s up to you to decide what you want them to do, but you have to decide before starting the game so that you can explain them the rules of the game)
-The same procedure is applied with team O. 
-The game goes on until all the squares have been used , or until one of the teams manages to get a row of two X/ O.

19 Aug 2013     

Jessisun
Argentina

Thanks a lot for your ideas! I �ll use them in class! Wink

19 Aug 2013