Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > help me please....    

help me please....

idalathif
Indonesia

help me please....

I frequently make some worksheet in my school. When I want to share it in this website, I have difficulty to upload it because it has too much pictures. When I download the worksheet from this web, it has a lot of pictures too. 

one thing that I don �t know is, how it can happen... some body please, help me.!!

26 Aug 2013      

Peter Hardy
Australia

When you want to add pictures to worksheets and PPTs, you need to remember that they have a certain size.  A few big ones or many little pictures in a worksheet will both increase the size of the document. All depending on the size, measured in Kb or Mb, of the pictures.  Luckily you can reduce the size in Word and PowerPoint by selecting one picture and next to compress all of them in one go.  Depending of your version of these programs, doubleclick or rightclick on a picture. Look for the �compress � command, either in a pop-up menu or at the top menu, and go through the options. I.e. you can choose 90 or 200 Kb size, throw away all the cropped areas and apply these settings to all pictures in the document. You �ll be surprised how much your worksheet will be reduced in size. To do even better, before you do the above, rightclick on each and every picture to remove the hyperlinks (when downloaded from a website, most pics will have a link).  All little bits help when you have to stay within the size required at this site.  This also prevents a box pop-up when you display the worksheet or PPT on a Interactive Whiteboard and hover the mouses over them.  Hope this helps. Cheers, Peter.

27 Aug 2013     

tashaleks
Spain

That �s really helpful Peter, I didn �t know you could �compress � pictures. Thanks!

27 Aug 2013     

nathalie891
France

thank you, I will be able to publish some WS that were too big too upload!

27 Aug 2013     

crissorrir
Brazil

I have been facing the same problem. Idalathif, there is a contribution at this site named: How to compact a picture, It is a guide and it helped me a lot. (I don�t remember who sent it), there is everything Peter said.  Peter my problem now is: I have prepared a worksheet (with not too many pictures) and followed all the steps to reduce their size. But it is still heavy (561 kb, the permitted is 500). And I don�t know why, because there are (great) worksheets with much more pictures. Is there any site where we can find lighter pictures? (for free).  Thank you in advance!

27 Aug 2013     

SaraMariam
United States

Maybe this is helpful for you :)

27 Aug 2013