Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > on line course for children    

on line course for children

ronit85
Israel

on line course for children

Hello to all of you!
This year I am teaching an eight year old boy as a private teacher. This boy is very gifted and mastered the tecknique of reading English in a very short time, but as this is not his mother tongue he does not understand what he reads. Of course he has also no idea of grammar structures
I am looking for an online book or course which would allow him to build up his knowledge of words and structures but in a nice fun way.
I found some interesting sites (like British counsel) but these are more for native speakers as the vocabulary used is quite elaborated.
Other more "simple"sites my pupil finds too childish as they include lots of songs and often puppets!
To conclude I need material with basic vocabulary for a fluent reader with non childish exercises for ....an eight year old.
Help!!!
Thanks in advance
Ronit

29 Aug 2013      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

here are some suggestions from my bookmarks and you can make your pick
http://www.littlebridge.com/ (interactive course but it �s not free)

Sophia

29 Aug 2013     

dutchboydvh
Singapore

I �ve found some great card games from the �Triple Play � series. You first match them up to introduce the words, then play Go Fish, or Memory using the Homophones, Rhyming words, Antonyms and Synonyms to introduce more vocabulary words, and then to reinforce the words. I ordered mine from Amazon.com. I recommend them!!

29 Aug 2013