Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > submitting materials problem    

submitting materials problem

2tiresome
Japan

submitting materials problem

Hi,
Thanks to everyone who download my materials.
However, as you can see all of the materials that I submit are usually A-B pair work activities, but unfortunately, every time I try to send two or more pages in the Word .doc format weighing in at well under 500k, I keep getting a �your document won �t open � message back.
As a result, I have to send each page one at a time.
This is driving me nuts and must be frustrating for people who download one page, but perhaps don �t realise that they only have half of a pair-work activity.
All of the pages for the activities are among my selection of materials but broken up into separate pages requiring anyone interested in looking at the materials to hunt for 2 or more pages. However in practice, I see for example over 20 people have downloaded part A of the �Model Alliance � activity, but nobody has as yet downloaded part �B. �
Does anyone have any tips to help avoid this problem?
One possible problem is that I �m working on a Mac using the Safari browser when this seems to be a very P C / Windows centric site. Perhaps changing my browser to Firefox or Chrome might help, but I can �t use Internet Explorer because Macs no longer support it. 
Best wishes to all 2tiresome ( Andy Martin)

29 Aug 2013      

ELOJOLIE274
France

hello,
i �ve dowloaded the 2 parts of the document you mentioned and according to their properties, they would have both fit into one single document...
i �ve uploaded some documents which contain more than 10 pages, so this is not the problem obviously, maybe you should try using a different browser (i �m using firefox and it works fine for me but i �ve heard you can have troubles to create an online exercise...  i haven �t used IE for the past 4 years at least and never intend to - i even removed it from the computer when I had to install a new hard-drive because the updates required made the computer crash...)
take care!

29 Aug 2013     

2tiresome
Japan

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion.
I �ll try Firefox.
The third part of the aforementioned document some extra information in the form of the actual Model Bill of Rights is now available.
Have a great day

30 Aug 2013