Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Hey, thieves !     

Hey, thieves !

Messdjef
Algeria

Hey, thieves !

Some teachers, it �s better to call them by their true name which is "thieves", are not ashamed to use other teachers � worksheets as if they were their own; as silly as they are, they forget that the owner is able to find out what happened to every one of his worksheets on the net as he is browsing the web.

Here is then a "colleague" who thought he was so clever by simply copying & pasting my own worksheet to his account: http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=709829#thetop

17 Sep 2013      

libertybelle
United States

That �s why we have moderators - to try and catch people who use other member �s work.
I �ll go and report it now.

libertybelle

17 Sep 2013     

libertybelle
United States

It is now reported.

17 Sep 2013     

Messdjef
Algeria

Thanks.

17 Sep 2013     

mr.dgdln
Turkey

There is life out there! I �d suggest you go and live it! Don �t take such matters so seriosly! Because it �s so normal for a document (or whatever) to be scattered on the internet.

18 Sep 2013     

libertybelle
United States

mr dgdin

The theft of worksheets has been an ongoing problem and should be taken very seriously.

If you had followed the link - you would have known that Messdjef �s worksheet was uploaded on this site - not somewhere scattered around the internet.

That is the reason for having moderators here at ESLprintables - to help stop this problem.
and..................
That is also why Victor wrote below each contribution:

Copyright � 17/9/2013 
Publication or redistribution of any part of this document is forbidden without authorization of the copyright owner.

I find your tone insulting to Messdjef. Some of us take theft very seriously.

18 Sep 2013     

douglas
United States

Technically, this thread shouldn�t exist.  If everyone started a thread everytime a worksheet was stolen (from eslp to eslp) the forum would be full of these threads.  That is the reason we have a reporting/moderator system--so we aren�t overwhelmed by these threads.

I know it is very aggravating to have someone steal your work and post it as their own, but in the future please try to refrain from venting it here on the forum--we have a reporting system for these situations.

Besides, you could consider it flattery, they apparently chose your work because it was THAT good

Cheers,
Douglas

PS.I �m with Mr dgdlin  on thinking that there are much more serious things in life than a silly worksheet--imagine if they had used your toothbrush without telling you. Sick

18 Sep 2013     

ELOJOLIE274
France

libertybelle Clap

mr.dgdln as a moderator with more than 11 000 points you should take our jobs of removing stolen/plagiarized/against-the-rules ws very seriously...

douglas messdjef has been with us for a little less than a year, he �s not a moderator, and he used the forum to express his frustration/rage... but what else could he do?
the first time I noticed one of my worksheets uploaded by another member I also complained on the forum, and someone kindly told me to report it and then told me by PM that moderators had voted for its removal :)
as moderators we see so many stolen/plagiarized ws that we no longer get "annoyed", especially if it �s not of ours, but I do understand his sense of helplessness in seeing his work used by someone else.

and if i read your message properly that means that i can upload one of your ws, pretend its mine, and you will see it as flattery and not report it, right? publishing good or great ws doesn �t mean we want others to pretend it �s theirs, i �m sure we all want to be praised for our work, and get what little reward we can get - even if it �s just a couple of points...

18 Sep 2013     

MoodyMoody
United States

Plagiarism is plagiarism. We punish our students when they practice it; the penalties for deliberately copying should be harsh. (One of my worksheets was reported and deleted for copying a website I �d never visited, so I am sympathetic to accidents like that. What happened to Messdjef was obviously no accident.)

18 Sep 2013     

zailda
Brazil

Many of us (unfortunately) had worksheets "borrowed" from others and posted here and uploaded to others sites.

If it �s uploaded here, the simpler and faster way to punish the "borrower" is to report it using the buttons all of them have below the window. 

The moderators will vote for its removal if you provide the valid link to the original work - whether it �s yours or someone else �s.

There �s no need to start a new discussion on the forum, since we �ve got a growing and hardworking staff of moderators for that duty.

Have a nice day!

Zailda Coirano

18 Sep 2013     

looky
Thailand

It �s the same old problem time after time. Give this site a chance to sort the people out. I sent a power-point 3 times because of the clipart. i did not steal it I just did not see the watermark. there are people out there that do steal but not many get through the net.

22 Sep 2013     

1    2    Next >