Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > 18+ category: good idea or waste of time?    

18+ category: good idea or waste of time?

joy2bill
Australia

18+ category: good idea or waste of time?

As I teach adults I have for some time been wishing for an 18+ category for mature students. At present the top box or age group is 14+. Something that captures the interest of a teenager might not appeal to an adult. Certain subjects are certainly inappropriate for teenagers. Yes the grammar might be the same but the content is not!
ELOJOLIE274 said in a recent post: "why don �t we start a post about adding a 18+/adult category, when we have the opinion of enough members we can contact Victor and ask if he can add this category, what do you think?"
Do you agree? I have asked Victor in the past but perhaps I was just a voice in the wilderness.
What is your opinion?

18 Sep 2013      

teavi
Brazil

Good idea!

18 Sep 2013     

manonski (f)
Canada

I agree with the idea. I saw an activity using the song Blurred Lines and that would definitely belong in such a category.

18 Sep 2013     

Paula CC
Costa Rica

Great idea. I recently started teaching adults, so it would be awesome to have this category available. 

18 Sep 2013     

Amanda W
Austria

Yes - a very good idea:)

18 Sep 2013     

MoodyMoody
United States

As a community college teacher, I �m all for it. I �m not sure if my Burns presentation is really appropriate for high school students, for example. I would certainly have classified that as 18+ if that had been available.

18 Sep 2013     

victor
Spain

You are completely right .Thumbs Up  I �ll do it.

18 Sep 2013     

ELOJOLIE274
France

totally agree with a 18+/adult category Thumbs Up

and thank you Victor for your amazing website!
and thank you all of you who share your work and respect the rules ;)

18 Sep 2013     

Jayho
Australia

Fantabulous suggestion

Thx for attending to it Victor

Cheers

Jayho

18 Sep 2013