Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I am sexy and I know it    

I am sexy and I know it

mari_18cf
Brazil

I am sexy and I know it

When I walk on by, girls be looking like damn he fly
I pay to the beat, walking on the street with in my new lafreak, yeah

We hit it to the bar, baby don �t be nervous
No shoes, no shirt, and I still get service

What is the meaning of the highlighted sentences in the song "I am sexy and I know it"

19 Sep 2013      

eliana
Portugal

Hello,

I �m not native but I think the first expression means "fa�o por isso" and the second one "vamos em dire��o ao bar" but I �m not sure about the first one because it can be an idiomatic expression or slang.

19 Sep 2013     

eliana
Portugal

Hello,

I �m not native but I think the first expression means "fa�o por isso" and the second one "vamos em dire��o ao bar" but I �m not sure about the first one because it can be an idiomatic expression or slang.

19 Sep 2013     

eliana
Portugal

Hello,

19 Sep 2013     

tashaleks
Spain

Hi!

I �m pretty sure he sings �I pimp to the beat, � which if so, he is trying to say he is cool, he �s got rhythm.

And �hit the bar, � is to go to the bar... but again, I �m not sure if he says �head to the bar, � which is to go towards the bar.

Tash :D 

19 Sep 2013     

yanogator
United States

When I walk on by, girls be looking like damn he fly
I pimp to the beat, walking on the street in my new lafreak, yeah...
This is how I roll, come on ladies it �s time to go
We headed to the bar, baby don �t be nervous
No shoes, no shirt, and I still get serviced (watch)

"To get serviced" is totally different from the "to get service" that you have. It means to get sex. It is an old term used by farmers and ranchers for having their animals inseminated. It always reminds me of a line in the movie The Grapes of Wrath (and probably from the book, too, but it �s been many years since I read it). John Carradine �s character says that when he was a boy, his father took him along when he took their cow to get serviced. The boy didn �t know what the expression meant until he saw what was happening. He says that now, whenever he sees the word "service" on a sign, he knows somebody is getting screwed (cheated).

Bruce

19 Sep 2013     

mari_18cf
Brazil

Thanks!

5 Oct 2013