Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help with a word    

Help with a word

Tere-arg
Argentina

Help with a word

What does "over-capacited" mean when  referring to a place?

I have not been able to find a suitable definition.

Thanks in advance.

23 Sep 2013      

Jayho
Australia

Do you mean over capacitated and if so is there such a word?  I have never heard it used but I would assume it to mean over the designated capacity, such as at a sports stadium.  But I could be wrong.

23 Sep 2013     

monder78
Poland

I think you mean overladen

23 Sep 2013     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I get it, Maria, I came across it, too, once in a texbook, and it seems to me it was something like "over-capacitated nightclub". It �s from Success upper-intermediate, Pearson, Longman.
Edit:
For non-believers here it goes (no copyright infringement intended:) the article is called �No Place Like Home? � and it �s about moving out when going to uni:
...But then Monday comes. And there is life, you have a purpose, you �ve got hockey training, you �ve handed in an essay and you can get excited about the prospect of full five nights of flinging your limbs around in an over-capacitated nightclub....

in the urban dictionary it�s defined as "having too much capacity, oversupplied"

23 Sep 2013     

yanogator
United States

I don �t think it �s a word, but it would mean filled beyond its capacity - overcrowded.

Bruce

23 Sep 2013     

Tere-arg
Argentina

That�s it, eslteacher.
That�s the book and that�s the context.
It is meant to describe a place (nightclub)

Overcrowded makes sense ...

Thanks so much  to all of you Thumbs Up

23 Sep 2013     

dmharg
Greece

more provision than is needed; ability...

23 Sep 2013