Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > question    

question

iyedbaraa
Algeria

question

Do we say " Daniel has always to miss classes" or " Daniel always has to miss classes" which one is grammatically correct . Could anyone help me please.       

23 Sep 2013      

yanogator
United States

Daniel always has to miss classes.

23 Sep 2013     

iyedbaraa
Algeria

Thanks a lot

23 Sep 2013     

dutchboydvh
Singapore

I would use "Daniel always misses classes.", meaning he is often absent.

I would say "Daniel always has to miss classes... " and then follow up with a reason. For example " "Daniel always has to miss classes, because of his job. "

23 Sep 2013     

fsmail
Tunisia

It depends on what you are trying to say...

Daniel is ALWAYS missing class.... it means he never comes to class... it �s a negative action always being repeated.

EG: He �s always swearing as opposed to he always swears.

He �s always arriving late

I �m always losing my car keys

She �s always complaining

(I would not say he always misses class in this case however I would say it to highlight the reason..... He always misses his math class in the morning due to heavy traffic) 

Daniel always has to miss class... it means there is a reason why he cannot come to class. 

He always has to miss class in the afternoons because he is going through medical treatment. 

Does that make sense?? :) 

Hope that helps x

24 Sep 2013