Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > A new member is scanning worksheets....    

A new member is scanning worksheets....

Pinky Makus
Canada

A new member is scanning worksheets....

Many contributions from

vanessaray

are scanned or copied from the book Skill Sharpeners for ESL Secondary Students Volume 1 by Judy DeFilippo and Charles Skidmore with Michael Walker.    Please don�t download them.  You will see my comments on a few of them.  I own this book.  My copy has a black cover with a picture of a pencil on it.

Thanks for listening.

30 Jan 2009      

penbwl
Japan

I think that this is a HUGE problem on this site. I recently joined and have been shocked at the amount of BLATANT scanned images on this site. Some from textbooks I recognise such as Side-by-Side and some by others I don�t know, but are obviously so. Some people even scan the images and almost copy the text verbatim in a standard MS Word font to try and hide the fact. This is also evident in some people who would be considered "Power" users/uploaders and seem to receive very sincere and heartfelt thanks from other users who avidly await their "rip-offs".

I don�t believe that this is fair on the people who put a lot of work into sourcing free clip-art and constructing their own worksheets and it�s discouraging for honest contributors. I also don�t believe that this could be construed as being "Fair use" under some countries� copyright laws.

After a few hours of going through some of the categories I could understand why people pursue such uploaders so vehemently... Today has been a revelation for me and I�m glad that someone mentioned this.

30 Jan 2009     

missola
Palestine

yeah I agree with penbwl and there is nothing to stop this.

getting 30 points to be able to download later is very easy and it needs a little effort but still some people don�t get it.

anyway you can report this and you can leave a comment on the worksheet itself so users see that it is not original. you don�t need to post it here because some users may not be able to read the post but they will read the comments.

thanx anyway for reporting this

have a nice time

30 Jan 2009     

lilytech
Argentina

we should also see this  problem of new users pursuing the so "needed" 30 free ws, in the sense that there  exist a group of users who will download scanned or stolen ws independently of our opinion. They just don`t care, and therefore they may be the real reason of  dishonest uploadings.

I also humbly ask for those who are able to recognize these ws to just report them below the corect space that Victor provides.

30 Jan 2009     

mumekaren
Argentina

where is the cow??? we need his help! let�s sing libertybelle�s song!

30 Jan 2009     

andreaewa
Uruguay

30 Jan 2009     

penbwl
Japan

Although scanned textbooks belong to big publishing houses, I think what gets overlooked is the time, skill and effort of those who wrote the books and did the drawings. Surely the genuine writers deserve credit for their work. I am sure most people here would be very angry if their work was ripped and falsely credited, why should published authors not deserve the same consideration?

Have they not diligently learnt their craft? Have they not applied love, effort and labour to their work as many here do? Surely the same consideration must be extended.

31 Jan 2009     

puspita
Indonesia

penbwl,
You speak my mind!
Adding frames, changing fonts or even orders of pictures doesn�t make a worksheet entirely new (and for someone to claim an ownership). There should be a substantial modification of ideas or tasks to be qualified as an adaptation of work.
And people as �educated� as we are (well, we are teachers, aren�t we?), should have known this.

Rgds,
pus

1 Feb 2009