Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help me find correct answers    

Help me find correct answers

ikram jeseen
Sri Lanka

Help me find correct answers

Please help me find the correct or the most suitable alternative to fill in the following blanks.

1. I have invited you all to .............................. the new Managing Director.
(a) speak   (b) see   (c) call  (d) introduce

2. Customers and the .................................  too put trust in businesses and their methods
(a) communication   (b) consumers   (c) commodity    (d) community

Thanks in advance

1 Oct 2013      

diana_elena
Romania

I would say (d) is the right answer for both

1 Oct 2013     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Yes,  d)

1 Oct 2013     

MoodyMoody
United States

I agree that d is the best answer of those listed for both questions. But for question 1, I would personally prefer meet to introduce. The closer the subject is to the verb, the easier the sentence is to understand. If you say, "I have invited you all to introduce the new Managing Director," then "I" is the subject of "to introduce." If you say "I have invited you all to meet the new Managing Director," then "you" is the subject of "to meet." It �s also a little friendlier without losing any formality. Other native speakers may disagree; this is purely my opinion.

1 Oct 2013     

ikram jeseen
Sri Lanka

Thank you very much for your answers. But I �m highly impressed with Moody �s explanation. Thanks again!

2 Oct 2013