Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Teaching English very very young learners (5-6 year-old students)    

Teaching English very very young learners (5-6 year-old students)

SM��
Turkey

Teaching English very very young learners (5-6 year-old students)

ı have been teaching 6 and 7 year old students for 2 weeks. They get bored easily. We dance, sing, paint all the time.Such activities may sometimes be irrelavant to the subject ıf you have any different activities that will draw their attention and teach English please help me!

3 Oct 2013      

carminia villanueva
Chile

For young learners, the activities you mention are a great way of learning a foreign language. I�ve been teaching young children for 15 years and these are the tools I use. Try to have songs, games and activities you can relate to a specific topic. For example: Animals: song "The Old Mc Donald", games: charades: a student imitates an animal and the rest of the class has to say the name of that animal in English. Vocabulary contests, a lot of speaking and repeating and 1 or 2 written exercises where they have to circle, paint, number, etc. 
Hope this helps you :)

3 Oct 2013     

edrodmedina
United States

The attention span of the little ones is short. The key is relevancy, variety, repetition and length. There are many songs and videos on Youtube geared towards the little ones. Pick a topic and do a search. I �ve found several videos on the days of the week, months of the year, seasons, colors etc. that my students don �t get tired of and often request.

3 Oct 2013     

SM��
Turkey

Thank you very much for your advice  collegues :))

3 Oct 2013